cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

world/ world elite mastercard questions.

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

i have the citizens cash back which i think was 3% cash back for the first 3 months and after that goes back to 1%. i managed to make get $22 in cash back in those 3 months but i dont even know how to redeem them lol also how do i ask for a cli? my 6 month is this 11th. this card is the only MC i have and it be cool if it could become a WMC.

what state are you in? for the longest for the cash back its been 5% for the first 90 days and then 1% on everything after that. 

do you do online banking? obvi if your on here. 

anyways go to citizensbank.com/creditcard sign in there and they should give you a balance of rewards. 

sadly they only send you a check once you hit 50 dollars. and what ive read today they expire 2 years after date of purchase. 

Im in MA. and you are right is 5% for 90 days and 1% after that. i do have online account with them but to be honest the online banking sucks ass lol. i cant even sign in using their andriod app because i dont have checking with them just CC. if this card doesnt grow much and i get another MC card i will be closing it.

im not trying to sell it to you but if you open a checking account with 250 dollars and use the account 20 times (debit swipes, atm withdrawls, checks, online bill pay) you get 125 dollars for free. (ends friday though) and if your lucky stop in on friday since its customer appreciation day lol. 

i wish they were offering this when i got my account 

since i used my cc i still get about 20 transactions a month with bill pay and such.

you can view cc accounts in the app(only if you have checking/ or savings as well)  but they do suck. 

they take forever to post anything. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

i have the citizens cash back which i think was 3% cash back for the first 3 months and after that goes back to 1%. i managed to make get $22 in cash back in those 3 months but i dont even know how to redeem them lol also how do i ask for a cli? my 6 month is this 11th. this card is the only MC i have and it be cool if it could become a WMC.

what state are you in? for the longest for the cash back its been 5% for the first 90 days and then 1% on everything after that. 

anyways go to citizensbank.com/creditcard sign in there and they should give you a balance of rewards. 

sadly they only send you a check once you hit 50 dollars. and what ive read today they expire 2 years after date of purchase. 

Im in MA. and you are right is 5% for 90 days and 1% after that. i do have online account with them but to be honest the online banking sucks ass lol. i cant even sign in using their andriod app because i dont have checking with them just CC. if this card doesnt grow much and i get another MC card i will be closing it.

im not trying to sell it to you but if you open a checking account with 250 dollars and use the account 20 times (debit swipes, atm withdrawls, checks, online bill pay) you get 125 dollars for free. (ends friday though) and if your lucky stop in on friday since its customer appreciation day lol. 

since i used my cc i still get about 20 transactions a month with bill pay and such.

you can view cc accounts in the app(only if you have checking/ or savings as well)  but they do suck. 

yeah i saw that offer when i was there last friday making a payment. you dont get the 125 until sometime in february tho. i used to have checkings with them when i was 17 but closed it because i liked BofA card design and online banking better. i do have savings with them but its someone elses money so i dont see it as mine its just under my name. thats how i got pre approved for their cashback. one good thing its the overdraft line they give with checking account...

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

yeah i saw that offer when i was there last friday making a payment. you dont get the 125 until sometime in february tho. i used to have checkings with them when i was 17 but closed it because i liked BofA card design and online banking better. i do have savings with them but its someone elses money so i dont see it as mine its just under my name. thats how i got pre approved for their cashback. one good thing its the overdraft line they give with checking account...

yeah i have both boa and citizens. 

thinking about closing boa though since i never use it. 

opened it as a student checking and this july it will change into a full fleged account with fees and such. 

ive left about 1k sit in there no interest or anything. 

its funny you mention that. 

they will give me a 5k credit card but saying my aaoa is not high enough for the odloc. (with a score of 726 given)  

ive never overdrafted and just apped to see if i would get it. 

i have about 3k at all times in my checking and havent seen anyone with a odline larger then 2.5k unless its business. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 13 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

yeah i have both boa and citizens. 

thinking about closing boa though since i never use it. 

opened it as a student checking and this july it will change into a full fleged account with fees and such. 

ive left about 1k sit in there no interest or anything. 

its funny you mention that. 

they will give me a 5k credit card but saying my aaoa is not high enough for the odloc. (with a score of 726 given)  

ive never overdrafted and just apped to see if i would get it. 

i have about 3k at all times in my checking and havent seen anyone with a odline larger then 2.5k unless its business. 

funny thing is when i was opening the savings account they kept offering me the checking account with a overdraft line of 2k. and my cl in my cash back is 1.1k lol. i have long history with them. my first ever debit card was with them when i was 16. i was added to my dads checking account (hes been banking with them since 1996 but recently closed all account with them and moved his banking to NFCU). my Bofa checking its still a student checking just like when i opened it when i was 16 so i dont get charged fees or anything.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 14 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

how old are you now? 

i opened at 17. was told in a disclousure via the website that student checking accounts will be automically changed after 5 years. 

thats what  mine is right now. a student one until this july. which marks 5 years since ive had my account there. (ill be 22 on july 1st)

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 15 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

i turned 21 6 months ago. i havent received any emails or mail about it.

Message 16 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

so same time as me. 

it wasnt in an email but i stumbled upon it in the website. 

when i went to a branch to ask about it the girl like really wanted me to sit down and change my account. 

it was like if you dont come in it will change automatically or something. 

i just looked at their fees. 12 dollars a month for basic checking. ouch. 

anyways enought about checking. 

anyone else have a world mastercard? 

so many visa siggy's on here. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 17 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

so same time as me. 

when i went to a branch to ask about it the girl like really wanted me to sit down and change my account. 

my collection wont be complete without a WMC!

Message 18 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

so same time as me. 

I don't have a WMC, but I do have a WEMC.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 23
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy. And where is it from? Benefits you get etc...

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.