Reply
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,172
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

world/ world elite mastercard questions.

how do you use your cards to get lounge access and/or other perks of the cards. 

 

what is the min limit for a world elite? i believe its 5k but im not positive.

 

ive never been in primeville so im not sure how the extra ins and outs take effect. 

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205
Posts: 2,177
Registered: ‎11-11-2010

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

[ Edited ]

You have to look up with the issuing banks. It is the bank that decides whether to offer lounge access or not.

 

World Elite is uncommon in US. Minimum credit limit for World MC is $5,000 (Citi does bend this rule sometime).

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi TY Preferred (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,172
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.


trumpet-205 wrote:

You have to look up with the issuing banks. It is the bank that decides whether to offer lounge access or not.

 

World Elite is uncommon in US. Minimum credit limit for World MC is $5,000 (Citi does bend this rule sometime).


thanks. 

the card is from citizens. 

we are in a dispute right now but i dont think we offer it. 

my card is a 5k limit. 

they wouldnt budge and move the lines onto one card. 

saw an older gentelmen today get approved for a 15k card (same as mine just a higher limit) and from what i here we are pretty conservative. 

4 months of mod usuage and pif = 3k more in cl 

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

The "official" minimum CL for MC World Elite cards is $5k, but I've seen exceptions. Lounge memberships, if any, are provided by the bank issuer (Citi, Chase, etc.), not the credit card network (e.g. Visa, MC, etc.).

In the case of Chase Ink Bold, which comes as a MCWE, you get free Lounge Club membership, and two free passes per year ($27 per visit after that). With the Citi Dividend MC World Elite you get free Lounge First membership, but they charge $38 per visit, and the overall program isn't as good as Lounge Club. With the J.P. Morgan Palladium card, they give me pretty much anything I ask for (in my case, Lounge Club with unlimited passes, as well as United and Cathay Pacific). YMMV.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,172
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.


bribro wrote:

The "official" minimum CL for MC World Elite cards is $5k, but I've seen exceptions. Lounge memberships, if any, are provided by the bank issuer (Citi, Chase, etc.), not the credit card network (e.g. Visa, MC, etc.).

In the case of Chase Ink Bold, which comes as a MCWE, you get free Lounge Club membership, and two free passes per year ($27 per visit after that). With the Citi Dividend MC World Elite you get free Lounge First membership, but they charge $38 per visit, and the overall program isn't as good as Lounge Club. With the J.P. Morgan Palladium card, they give me pretty much anything I ask for (in my case, Lounge Club with unlimited passes, as well as United and Cathay Pacific). YMMV.


thanks for the input. 

i dont think ill be getting any of that then, 

the bank supposedly offers only platnium version on the mc network. 

whether it does or not its fine. 

a non store revolver with a 5k limit will build and let me get my freedom into a sig and hopefully amex as well(currently have a zync)

 

not really looking into any other cards. so with this 5k ill only be going for a cli on freedom  and store cards that i dont close and thats abou it. 

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

citizensbank offers world master card??

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,172
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

[ Edited ]

jsickz32 wrote:

citizensbank offers world master card??


thats what i was talking to a regional head today. 

we were informed by a branch manager that there was a list of benifits that were offered with our cards and got confirmation from the bank and mastercard. 

but when i called two different ends of citizens and mastercard, none of them had answers and pointed to eachother. 

 

will be researching tommorrow and hopefully getting an answer. 

so far to my knowledge citizens only offers platinum cards which to my knowledge is the bottom of the bottom. 

1% rewards on everything unless you get a certain card that is 3% most used and rest is 1% which has a higher apr by 1%

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

[ Edited ]

i have the citizens cash back which i think was 3% cash back for the first 3 months and after that goes back to 1%. i managed to make get $22 in cash back in those 3 months but i dont even know how to redeem them lol also how do i ask for a cli? my 6 month is this 11th. this card is the only MC i have and it be cool if it could become a WMC.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,172
Registered: ‎07-23-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

[ Edited ]

jsickz32 wrote:

i have the citizens cash back which i think was 3% cash back for the first 3 months and after that goes back to 1%. i managed to make get $22 in cash back in those 3 months but i dont even know how to redeem them lol also how do i ask for a cli? my 6 month is this 11th. this card is the only MC i have and it be cool if it could become a WMC.


what state are you in? for the longest for the cash back its been 5% for the first 90 days and then 1% on everything after that. 

do you do online banking? obvi if your on here. 

 

anyways go to citizensbank.com/creditcard sign in there and they should give you a balance of rewards. 

sadly they only send you a check once you hit 50 dollars. and what ive read today they expire 2 years after date of purchase. 

 

edit: i think you offered to let me join a cu for beer at a strip joint or something lol. 

whats your limit on your card? 

i havent tried yet but from what i here they hard pull for that and i was told by another forum member they do it once a year. (on your request)

Current: EQ 735 Discover 9/5/13 Walmart TU 730 EX FICO 726 Amex Pull(1/1/13)

Starting total revolving credit: $2600 | Current total revolving credit: 31k+

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: world/ world elite mastercard questions.

[ Edited ]

creditnocash wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

i have the citizens cash back which i think was 3% cash back for the first 3 months and after that goes back to 1%. i managed to make get $22 in cash back in those 3 months but i dont even know how to redeem them lol also how do i ask for a cli? my 6 month is this 11th. this card is the only MC i have and it be cool if it could become a WMC.


what state are you in? for the longest for the cash back its been 5% for the first 90 days and then 1% on everything after that. 

do you do online banking? obvi if your on here. 

 

anyways go to citizensbank.com/creditcard sign in there and they should give you a balance of rewards. 

sadly they only send you a check once you hit 50 dollars. and what ive read today they expire 2 years after date of purchase. 


Im in MA. and you are right is 5% for 90 days and 1% after that. i do have online account with them but to be honest the online banking sucks ass lol. i cant even sign in using their andriod app because i dont have checking with them just CC. if this card doesnt grow much and i get another MC card i will be closing it.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+