Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worth the hard pull?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: worth the hard pull?

@Repo-ed wrote:

Man it scares me when people buy homes with less than a 720 mid-score.

I dont think you need 720 mid-score, especially if they are going FHA route.  680+ should be good enough depending on your CR and the loan amount as compared to amount of down payment.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Man it scares me when people buy homes with less than a 720 mid-score.

There are still people who never really needed a lot of credit before it came time to buy a house. It's possible to have sound financial management but not really build a good credit history along the way.

I have good credit but would much rather have cash, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's sort of our problem. Everything has always been in my hubby's name. He has a a 730. But i only had enough credit for EQ to even score me. I only had my auto loan and it only reported to the one bureau. But we need both our incomes to qualify for our.home. Its just out of the reach of my husbands income alone. Bit I agree with the scary part! I'm terrified.
Message 13 of 14
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well i do have two medical collections that are to be deleted from my report this week that were errors. Think that will do it?
I was concerned about utilization so ive only spent 9%. I wasn't sure when the bill would come. I still haven't gotten a bill. But it was reported to credit bureaus on 12-12-12. My credit limit is 200. I charged 17 on it and that was reported. Is that ok and when should i pay it from now on?
Thank you all for the advice.

This will probably get you those 5 points.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.