Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow, they closed my beaver card....

tag
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Re: wow, they closed my beaver card....

My Duck card also got shut down . Received the letter today regarding some bull*** that has nothing to do on how I used the card . I can still log in and my credit line still showing $15k. 😏😏
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 11 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

I survived the initial OCCU duck / beaver card closures and have had the card for 18 months now, got an letter today stating that after doing an initial risk assessment, they have closed my 20k Beaver card.   The funny thing was when I logged in, it still said i had the 20k limit available, so I called and they said it was closed.  I ran an occasional charge once or twice every other month, always PIF.  credit scores in the high 790s with only 1 inq.  1st ever closure by a bank. smh

Yeah i bet this is there final flushing out of non Oregon members to cover their butts.

I closed mine 2 weeks before i got a letter today about this even though my online account still remains the same.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pardon my ignorance but: what's a "Beaver" card ??? That just sounds funny. 😂😂😂😂
Message 13 of 15
krial
Regular Contributor

Mine was closed as well and I got the same letter about risk assessment.

My limit was only $500 though; I assumed mine was really closed because I havn't used it in 10 months.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 14 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but: what's a "Beaver" card ??? That just sounds funny. 😂😂😂😂

OSU Beaver Card.  They were giving out high limits at the time ($10k+) so everyone jumped on it including your truly. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.