Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow, they closed my beaver card....

tag
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

wow, they closed my beaver card....

I survived the initial OCCU duck / beaver card closures and have had the card for 18 months now, got an letter today stating that after doing an initial risk assessment, they have closed my 20k Beaver card.   The funny thing was when I logged in, it still said i had the 20k limit available, so I called and they said it was closed.  I ran an occasional charge once or twice every other month, always PIF.  credit scores in the high 790s with only 1 inq.  1st ever closure by a bank. smh

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: wow, they closed my beaver card....

Sorry to hear!!!! Did you try to use it to see if it was closed?

Ron.

Message 2 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

I survived the initial OCCU duck / beaver card closures and have had the card for 18 months now, got an letter today stating that after doing an initial risk assessment, they have closed my 20k Beaver card.   The funny thing was when I logged in, it still said i had the 20k limit available, so I called and they said it was closed.  I ran an occasional charge once or twice every other month, always PIF.  credit scores in the high 790s with only 1 inq.  1st ever closure by a bank. smh

It's a nicely worded excuse to close your account, the actual reason being "we're closing all of these out of state applicants after getting in over our heads."

Message 3 of 15
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

No, i got the letter,  Have not used the card in a month.  Good riddance..

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 4 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

No, i got the letter,  Have not used the card in a month.  Good riddance..

Sorry to hear. It is not your fault. They have been closing people's cards.  I just checked mine and it is still working. I linked my card to iTunes to see if my card is good. 

Transactions.png

Message 5 of 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Mine is still operable also...but the limit is only $1500-LOL. I just paid my electric bill with it. It seems that most of the closures only involved the higher limits--I.e. $7K and up.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwazl71 wrote:

Translation:

We're idiots and we far exceeded our allowed underwriting risk so you, the excellent cardholder, are SOL.

Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Mine is still operable also...but the limit is only $1500-LOL. I just paid my electric bill with it. It seems that most of the closures only involved the higher limits--I.e. $7K and up.

Not really, on the other boards there were folks whose accounts were also closed and their CLs were less than $7K (not sure where that figure came up?).  I'm sure everyone who doesn't fit their current business operating model will also get axed,  Thankfully I closed mine before they took it away (which of course they could do at any time).

Message 8 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@iwazl71 wrote:

There's a couple threads circulating around about this.  Creditaddict just posted on this one:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Duck-Card-Closed/m-p/4105736/highlight/false#M1156347

Message 9 of 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

It seems back when they wereposting the approvals almost 2 years ago, most people got good to hefty CLs (upward of $7K or more) or they got practically nothing like I did ($1500). Didn't remember seeing very many $5K approvals for the Duck or Beaver cards at the time.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.