tiger67
Regular Contributor

Re: writemikep - Amex re-age

congrats

Message 71 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - took some time but finally got it fixed.

Ray

Message 72 of 75
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

I'm going thru this madness right now. I had an Optima card from 99 - 2002. Amex has no record of it (ok, only called once so far). I've been going through all my paperwork and cannot find anything. I have 3 cards with them and they all show 2005 member date. I know not as significant as some of you (1979?!?!?Smiley Very Happy) but the extra 6yrs x 3 cards would probably do me good as my AAoA right now is 3.8yrs. Any other advice? Not sure I'm gonna find the old receipts or anything at this point.

Message 73 of 75
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Could you ask your bank for old statements where you could look for cancelled checks made out.to amex? May have your account number written on those.old.checks.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 74 of 75
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Yeah good advice webhopper. I don't even use any of the bank accounts I did back then, was probably WAMU at the time. I am going to do some cleaning out of the garage and go through my ol' box of "super important" papers in the next few weeks, and hopefully find something! 

Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.