Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writemikep - Amex re-age

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

writemikep - Amex re-age

Mike,

Couldn't find an answer to this on the boards. Did you ever have success re-aging your Amex account by sending in the old credit report? I have the same situation. I have the number and a copy of an old credit report, but they can't find it in their system. I'm not a current cardholder, I'm considering opening a new account, but only if they can re-age to my 1988 account. Don't know if this makes a difference. Your help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: writemikep - Amex re-age

call this number

1-800-327-2177

they will find it by your Social

Message 2 of 75
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Message 3 of 75
tiger67
Regular Contributor

thoughts1,

Thanks for the help. The rep at that number said it was no problem to change the member since date to the orginal 1988 date (even though he couldn't find the account number in the system). I'll be applying in 2 weeks when 2 inquiries fall off.

Message 4 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try the number too and let you know.  Thanks for thinking of me Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number, got transferred to Card Replacement and spoke to a CSR that said I could fax him the page of my current Experian credit report showing the old AMEX accounts (with the 'Date Opened' clearly showing 1987), and he would re-age my Member Since Date back to that!  I've faxed the page with a cover letter about 30 mins later, and will let everyone know if this time is the lucky charm!
Message 6 of 75
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

writemikep (and anyone else with success on reaging an Amex),

I have tried to have my Amex reaged a number of times without success. What do you say to the CSRs? Did you bring up faxing the Experian report or did they?

Thanks in advance for your help. Finger crossed for you!

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 7 of 75
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Keeping my fingers crossed Mike.
Message 8 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged into my AMEX account today and saw that my Member Since date had been fixed and changed to 1987 (instead of 2000).   This increases my oldest account age by 13 years.

I had tried so many times without success, and wouldn't have tried again except for tiger67's message thread.    Thanks to everyone who helped with this (both in the original thread and this one), especially tiger67.

Message 9 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

This time I was transferred to Card Replacement and spoke to a rep there.  But I've talked to Card Replacement before without success, so it's kind of 'luck of the draw'.

The only evidence I have for my old Optima card is one sales receipt with the number imprinted on it, and a current (Oct, 2008) Experian credit report showing the account with the 'Start Date' on it (this account has fallen off the other two CRAs).  Of course, the AMEX account number on the credit report is scrambled...  The CSR asked if I had any American Express statements as proof of my older account.   That's when I said I had the Experian credit report.

I faxed a letter (which explained what was on the credit report), the front page of my credit report (to show it had been mailed to me at my current address... the same address AMEX has for me), and the page of the credit report showing the old AMEX account and Start Date.

Three days later.... I got an email from AMEX, verifying that I had requested replacement cards, so I logged into my account, and the Member Since date had been updated.

Message Edited by writemikep on 07-05-2009 03:30 PM
Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.