cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you wanna f/r me? go bl*w yourself, amex.

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: you wanna f/r me? go bl*w yourself, amex.

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks guys,

.if the cell phone company doesnt provide good customer service, i switch carriers....

Watch those Cingular inqs..... Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping someone from AMEX is reading these boards...they definitely need to know how many good customer they're losing as a result of Homeland Security-style policies.
Message 12 of 37
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Amex has gone too far with all these FRs. I hope they FR me!
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks guys,
what makes it even more egregious is that it appears that they are pulling this stunt on just about everyone who opened an account recently.

Not sure if this is exactly true. I've been using both of my cards. (Activated both less than 2 months ago) and haven't gotten one - yet. But, i'll probably do the same as you and tell them to take a hike if they attempt it.
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks flygirl!

Great post Dog.........I applaud you, sincerely!!!!

Message 15 of 37
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Dog,

you had to pay the annual fee? It wasn't waived? Could this help us understand who gets a F/R? I know there are some possibilities like applying for more than one card and asking for a CLI, etc., but I wasn't required to pay the annual fee.  I recently put in for a $3000 balance transfer and it was approved.  I plan to pay it off almost immediately with my bonus at the end of the month.  Well, I suppose if I get one after the transfer goes through, it's not a big deal because the money is already on their card!
Message 16 of 37
fused
Moderator Emeritus

AMEX Just...

Red Card
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

i accidentally applied for the platinum skymiles (which doesnt waive the first year's 135 buck fee) instead of the gold skymiles (which does waive).  the hilton and the blue cash did not have a fee for the first year....the blue cash may have not had a fee at all, not sure. 

like i said, i didnt even use the card.  i did ask for a cli on the delta and the hilton, which were denied, but did not ask for one on the blue cash, since it was 5k on approval. 

i can tell you this...i will never have an american express card.  ever.  and, yes, i AM that stubborn.

ah32 wrote:
Dog,

you had to pay the annual fee? It wasn't waived? Could this help us understand who gets a F/R? I know there are some possibilities like applying for more than one card and asking for a CLI, etc., but I wasn't required to pay the annual fee.  I recently put in for a $3000 balance transfer and it was approved.  I plan to pay it off almost immediately with my bonus at the end of the month.  Well, I suppose if I get one after the transfer goes through, it's not a big deal because the money is already on their card!

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

love it:

fused111 wrote:
AMEX Just...

Red Card

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I'm hoping someone from AMEX is reading these boards...they definitely need to know how many good customer they're losing as a result of Homeland Security-style policies.

Me too!!!  Is there a way to forward the link to them?? ha

Oh, by the way......just had the pleasure of telling a patient  " I'm so soory, we no longer accept American Express at our office"!!...........what goes around will come back around and bite you in the a$$ ...American Express!!!!
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.