creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: your first high limit credit card?

Just an hour ago was approved for a NFCU 25k cash rewards visa siggy
Message 31 of 35
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Last week was approved for $14K NFCU GoRewards. Eq fico CS 680. Income ~$60K. In July received a $1K Capital One. My first was a AF Bank $500 secured card opened Mar 12.
Message 32 of 35
leoment
Frequent Contributor

It took me a year to crack $5k.  I was approved for $4k from Citi when I was 18, then a year later they doubled my limit via auto CLI.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 33 of 35
toppers555
Established Contributor

First was Bofa cash rewards. Secured at 5500. Currently sits today at 10k unsecured.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 34 of 35
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@carmen6505 wrote:

What was your score or what exactly did it take for you to get your first high limit credit card. 5k or more. My score now is about 630. I have one unsecured 300 limit and a few secured 200 limit. I am just curious when I should expect to get accepted for one with 5k or more.

As always, it's not just a matter of score.  I didn't get my first high limit card until I got my utilization low and under control.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.