Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero credit please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

zero credit please help

ok i need help buliding my credit , i have no credit cards no collection or any thing my credit is all clean other then 1 or 2 inq  when i tried to apply for credit card but i got turn down for limited credit , so please can some one help me and tell me which cards should apply which can approve me with no credit so i can start bulding my credit thanks .....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

Re: zero credit please help

you remind me of myself a year ago

apply for a secured credit card as a begining "Orchard secured credit card is nice" Smiley Happy
TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 2 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Consider the bank where you have your checking/savings accounts. 

Secured credit cards with any major bank or a credit union should not be a problem. 

In addition to Orchard/HSBC, US Bank, Wells Fargo, BofA, Citi. have secured cards.   

Capital One has cards for limited credit as well.

Message 3 of 9
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

when I had limited credit, I tried the capital one credit card but got denied
TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

so for some reason i applied for discover card ....they told me to call them to verify my info ... so i did and got approved for 500$  discvor more card  ....i dont think i want a secured card ..so i will just keep the discover for now
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditneeded wrote:
so for some reason i applied for discover card ....they told me to call them to verify my info ... so i did and got approved for 500$  discvor more card  ....i dont think i want a secured card ..so i will just keep the discover for now

A Discover is a very good start, indeed. Congrats!

Message 6 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

You should plan on getting a Visa or MC in the future (6 months?).   Should be relatively easy, if you use your Discover responisably.  
Message 7 of 9
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

that's awesome congrats.  I wish I was able to get approved for a non secured cc besides my 100$ rzmc through best buy.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 8 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

creditneeded, that's a major score for someone with no history...Discover is tough to get, at any credit limit.

Treat that card well.  It will definitely grow with you, and it's your key to getting all the others in the future.

Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.