Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zinc approved

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

zinc approved

After being declined for BCE last month I app'd for Zinc and was instantly approved.  Excited to get my foot in the door with Amex hoping to get BCE in a year or so.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: zinc approved

Congrats.  Use that zync.  I would app in jan for bce/bcp.  Remember once you are Amex customer, rejected apps only count as sp and no effect on credit.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 16
ali5541
Valued Member

Very nice, congrats. I got approved yesterday for the Zync but with a PSSL Smiley Sad

Anyways, I'm exicted to get my foot in the door with AMEX.

Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Message 3 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

Congrats!

I think the Zync is an awesome card.  With the mixing and matching of packs, it's one of the most fun cards to use, in my estimation.

Make sure you sign up for *all* the free packs, especially the ECO pack.

PS - Check out the home pack.  It used to cost $15, but you receive a $20 Lowe's gift card.

Message 4 of 16
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Got zync about a year ago, look at my siggy for amex now! Foot in the door= sky's the limit!! 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Which limit did you choose?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

I think the Zync is an awesome card.  With the mixing and matching of packs, it's one of the most fun cards to use, in my estimation.

PS - Check out the home pack.  It used to cost $15, but you receive a $20 Lowe's gift card.

wow.  Just checked out Eco pack.  In San Fran, it covers a surprising number of stores I shop at.  Too bad about the 5k limit.  Almost tempted to get zync even though I am rocking 3 Amexes.  Hard to resist the backdating as i get 20+ years with each Amex.

Message 7 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

wow.  Just checked out Eco pack.  In San Fran, it covers a surprising number of stores I shop at.  Too bad about the 5k limit.  Almost tempted to get zync even though I am rocking 3 Amexes.  Hard to resist the backdating as i get 20+ years with each Amex.

Yeah, this was one of my favorite cards to use.

The Eco pack had an extra point for tons of places for me, such as Costco.  I had the restaurant pack and there were eateries that had an extra point for the Eco pack.  3% MR points on dining.  I loved the Restaurant pack with the $50 Morton's gift card.

Too bad about the $5k limit.  Once you hit it, you have to basically stop spening on this card.  But, until then, it's a great card especially when combined with a full MR/MR First card.

Message 8 of 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Open, how does it handle store merchant falls into two two different packs?  For example if I had Eco and restaurant packs, delfina pizza falls into both.

Message 9 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Open, how does it handle store merchant falls into two two different packs?  For example if I had Eco and restaurant packs, delfina pizza falls into both.

You get three points.  The packs absolutely stack.

The Zync is great when combined with the Platinum, since all your points are MR First.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.