Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 657
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

zinc approved

After being declined for BCE last month I app'd for Zinc and was instantly approved.  Excited to get my foot in the door with Amex hoping to get BCE in a year or so.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: zinc approved

Congrats.  Use that zync.  I would app in jan for bce/bcp.  Remember once you are Amex customer, rejected apps only count as sp and no effect on credit.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Established Member
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎08-08-2012
0

Re: zinc approved

[ Edited ]

Very nice, congrats. I got approved yesterday for the Zync but with a PSSL Smiley Sad

 

Anyways, I'm exicted to get my foot in the door with AMEX.


Current Score: 660 EQ 651 TU 677 EX (via CreditInform)
Starting Score: 639 EQ 654 TU 638 EX (via CreditInform)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

What's in my wallet?

Cap1 Secured MC $500 | Cap1 Visa $750 | BBY Storecard $3,100 | Chase Freedom $4,000 | AMEX Zync $500
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: zinc approved

[ Edited ]

Congrats!

 

I think the Zync is an awesome card.  With the mixing and matching of packs, it's one of the most fun cards to use, in my estimation.

 

Make sure you sign up for *all* the free packs, especially the ECO pack.

 

PS - Check out the home pack.  It used to cost $15, but you receive a $20 Lowe's gift card.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 248
Registered: ‎09-02-2011
0

Re: zinc approved

Congrats! Got zync about a year ago, look at my siggy for amex now! Foot in the door= sky's the limit!! 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)


AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,982
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: zinc approved

Which limit did you choose?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: zinc approved


Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

 

I think the Zync is an awesome card.  With the mixing and matching of packs, it's one of the most fun cards to use, in my estimation.

 

Make sure you sign up for *all* the free packs, especially the ECO pack.

 

PS - Check out the home pack.  It used to cost $15, but you receive a $20 Lowe's gift card.


wow.  Just checked out Eco pack.  In San Fran, it covers a surprising number of stores I shop at.  Too bad about the 5k limit.  Almost tempted to get zync even though I am rocking 3 Amexes.  Hard to resist the backdating as i get 20+ years with each Amex.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: zinc approved


Crashem wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

 

I think the Zync is an awesome card.  With the mixing and matching of packs, it's one of the most fun cards to use, in my estimation.

 

Make sure you sign up for *all* the free packs, especially the ECO pack.

 

PS - Check out the home pack.  It used to cost $15, but you receive a $20 Lowe's gift card.


wow.  Just checked out Eco pack.  In San Fran, it covers a surprising number of stores I shop at.  Too bad about the 5k limit.  Almost tempted to get zync even though I am rocking 3 Amexes.  Hard to resist the backdating as i get 20+ years with each Amex.


Yeah, this was one of my favorite cards to use.

 

The Eco pack had an extra point for tons of places for me, such as Costco.  I had the restaurant pack and there were eateries that had an extra point for the Eco pack.  3% MR points on dining.  I loved the Restaurant pack with the $50 Morton's gift card.

 

Too bad about the $5k limit.  Once you hit it, you have to basically stop spening on this card.  But, until then, it's a great card especially when combined with a full MR/MR First card.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: zinc approved

Open, how does it handle store merchant falls into two two different packs?  For example if I had Eco and restaurant packs, delfina pizza falls into both.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: zinc approved


Crashem wrote:

Open, how does it handle store merchant falls into two two different packs?  For example if I had Eco and restaurant packs, delfina pizza falls into both.


You get three points.  The packs absolutely stack.

 

The Zync is great when combined with the Platinum, since all your points are MR First.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.