Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zync approved for my daughter

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

zync approved for my daughter

Ok. We pulled the trigger for zync and applied for my 19 year old with credit limit of $250. Not a bad start. She is in the Amex club by her self and I am sure the card will grow with her. Appliled for Citi forward and waiting for the approval. I am working on getting her membership with navy and once she gets in then apply for navcheck and Platinum MasterCard. She should be all set for the rest of her life and worry only about getting good grades in the school.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: zync approved for my daughter

@Red1Blue wrote:

Ok. We pulled the trigger for zync and applied for my 19 year old with credit limit of $250. Not a bad start. She is in the Amex club by her self and I am sure the card will grow with her. Appliled for Citi forward and waiting for the approval. I am working on getting her membership with navy and once she gets in then apply for navcheck and Platinum MasterCard. She should be all set for the rest of her life and worry only about getting good grades in the school.

Congrats. btw, i did not kow zync had a CL

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Yes, I beleive they started doing it now a days. I saw few others posting they had limit on their new zync accounts.

Message 3 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

Yes, I beleive they started doing it now a days. I saw few others posting they had limit on their new zync accounts.

I got my zync approved 1/20/2011 and have no preset spending limit

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

I got my zync approved 1/20/2011 and have no preset spending limit

May be it is due to her age. She is only 19. It does not matter the limit at this time any way, since she got into amex club on her own. She is still AU on my Gold Charge and Delta Amex Cards.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't have a pre-set limit...you can spend up to $250 online before you get the card. Of course the card has a real internal limit but we don't know what that is since AMEX won't tell us Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

when we registered the card online it said spending limit $250. That is how we know what it is. Still it is a good starting limit for a 19 year old kid. I never had that when I was that age.

Message 7 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

She's fortunate!  Great to have parents who know a thing or two about credit.  And to see the parents guide their children in the right credit direction.  It's a beautiful thing. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $250 limit you get when registering is temporary so that it can be used online right away before  you receive the card. When the actual card arrives and is activated, it will have the usual no preset limit.

Congrats!!

Message 9 of 11
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I recall reading someone else's post that stated they will have a $250 limit until Dec 2011... seems like some kind of probationary period to get their foot in the door and prove themselves.  If I'm not mistaken, the member had a baddie or two from the past, but had just come off AU status on their husband's AMEX. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.