Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zync

tag
tbc
New Contributor

zync

Good morning Fellow credit enthusiast, and happy holidays and Merry Christmas.

I was asked this am what this response means?  

Dear 
Thank you for applying for Zync from American Express®.

Your application is currently being processed. We invite you to continue exploring the four benefit packs that can be added to this unique Card. Whether you start with one, none, or multiple packs, you can add just what you want. 

If you wish, you can check on the status of your application.

This is not mine, I am in gardening mode?  Someone close to me, who has not registered here....

Thx for all your responses.

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: zync

It means it wasn't an instant approval- but not an instant denial either.   Was this the email your friend got after the application or what popped up on the screen?  Your friend should check the app status and see what else it says.  They may need more info.  When I app'd for Zync I got something similar but it told me they needed to verify some info before they could fully process my app. Mostly, this just seems like one of those 7-10 day messages.

Message 2 of 5
tbc
New Contributor

Ok, hmmm

This person is oversee's at the moment.

Home addy is US, on PCS with Military.

They got an email in response:

Card Application Status

We're Sorry

We are unable to locate your application - either your Social Security Number and/or Home Zip Code do not match our records or our system has not been updated with your application information. Please note that our system is updated every 24 hours, so you may want to bookmark Card Application Status and try again tomorrow. The bookmarking feature only works with Internet Explorer v4.0 or higher; users with other browsers please bookmark https://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus.

To try again now, click here to reenter your information. Or, if you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST) to check the status of your application by phone.

Would you like to...
Resume previous site activity
Return to Card Application Status
For answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about your application, click here

they are unable to call right now.  

They will call later.  Will update.  

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did s/he use their overseas military address? Maybe their credit profile has an old address on it or something? 

In the past four years I've had multiple addresses due to moving for job(s) and graduate school.  Currently, I use a PO box for my mail but with CC apps I generally use a physical address even though that isn't where I receive my mail.  When I app'd for the Zync I used my physical address and then when I spoke with rep to verify info she put in my PO box and it worked out for me since that's where my banking statement and other CC info goes.

I've never seen the unable to locate app before.  Maybe s/he should just wait 24 hours and see if it updates on the site then.  If not, I'd give AMEX a call about it and see what a rep can do. 

Message 4 of 5
tbc
New Contributor

Hi Tina....thx for your reply...

I know they used their home addy here in US.

We just got thru skyping.

I have been handling personal and financial issues for them.

They just recently had an issue with USAA, we had to conference in on.  When asked by the USAA rep, all he can say at an undisclosed location, USAA knows he is active.  So, things were easy with that.

He was RECONING USAA.  LOL   

Trying to get home to the states for Christmas, and unable to jump flights.

They said they will set their clock to call them later.  Different time zone, and busy at moment.

Will update.

Thx again.

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.