Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Secrets to Managing Multiple Credit Cards

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

6 Secrets to Managing Multiple Credit Cards

This might come in handy for some on this forum. Smiley Tongue  The part about putting sticker on the card is new to me and I believe noone has ever mentioned it on here. Smiley Very Happy

Link to full article on Moneytalksnews.com

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 6 Secrets to Managing Multiple Credit Cards

The sticker specifically was for AF's, and that's too narrow a viewpoint I suggest.

Even with my limited grocery bill I still make more in rewards with the BCP than I would with a BCE even with the $75 AF pulled out, and for the big spenders the rewards dwarf the AF's associated with most cards (see Amex Gold/Plat/Chase CSP/etc).  To say nothing when I finally do move and one of my first priorities after that is learning how to cook, then the BCP will really shine comparitively.

Anyway, doing otherwise is penny wise and pound foolish potentially; for larger spenders, most "good" cards have AF's.

        
Message 2 of 5
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

This might come in handy for some on this forum. Smiley Tongue  The part about putting sticker on the card is new to me and I believe noone has ever mentioned it on here. Smiley Very Happy

What????   You mean, throwing your cards up in the air and the ones that land face up on the floor AREN'T the cards you use this month???  That's what I do. 

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!  A new set of tricks to learn every day, I guess.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 3 of 5
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I figure the sign up bonus is worth a few years AF in most cases. I only have 2 cards with AF right now (CSP and BCP) but they are both great cards with specific purposes. I may downgrade or switch in the future but the totals aren't anything im going to sweat over.

Message 4 of 5
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

What????   You mean, throwing your cards up in the air and the ones that land face up on the floor AREN'T the cards you use this month???  That's what I do. 

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!  A new set of tricks to learn every day, I guess.  Smiley Happy

LOL!

Looks like I just found a new way to figure out which cards I'll be using in January.

C'mon! Big bucks, no whammies! *toss*

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.