Valued Member
sherakay

60 minutes tonight on CBS about the Credit Bureaus!!

Enlightening segment about how filing a dispute, gathering and sending info for an investigation, does NOTHING to help the consumer!!

Starting Score: Walmart myfico 664 TU Lender Pull 690 EQ Lender Pull 669
Current Score: Walmart myfico 698 TU Equifax- 686 Experian- 692 Transunion- 700 Lender Pull 7/18/12
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
SE7EN57

Re: 60 minutes tonight on CBS about the Credit Bureaus!!

I know the current system the bureaus use to verify stuff is worthless but this same flawed system has also helped millions of people get bad accurate information off there reports as well and for the smart one's it's a fresh start so really who's to blame. It goes both ways really.

Amex BCP 12,500 - Amazon Chase Signature 10,000 - Discover It 8,000 - Walmart MC 7,500 - Citi Diamond 6,100 - Lowe's 6,000 - Fulton 6,000 - Amazon Store Card 2,000
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

SE7EN57 wrote:

I know the current system the bureaus use to verify stuff is worthless but this same flawed system has also helped millions of people get bad accurate information off there reports as well and for the smart one's it's a fresh start so really who's to blame. It goes both ways really.

While the system is flawed because it has become automated in my opinion (much cheaper to have software running it, then actually having employess doing it). Being automated has no human interaction, and can in no way be beneficial as the software can not distinguish things properly. When you ask to have a dispute removed, since it has to be sent to an automated system, you actually have to request a dispute to remove a dispute. How that makes any sense and usually does not get the dispute removed is beyond me.

Greed is the key to most flawed systems.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Regular Contributor
ecalmese

sherakay wrote:

Enlightening segment about how filing a dispute, gathering and sending info for an investigation, does NOTHING to help the consumer!!

wow!!! wouldve loved to see this episode. does anyone know if this episode can be found online anywhere?

Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
nicastar

Regular Contributor
911gt34life

here the link to the show today.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50153672n

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}