cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAA and US Bank Launch AAA Dollars Plus and AAA Dollars MasterCards (World MasterCards)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAA and US Bank Launch AAA Dollars Plus and AAA Dollars MasterCards (World MasterCards)

U.S. Bank and Auto Club Trust FSB Partner to Launch Credit Card Rewards Program Featuring the AAA Dollars® Plus MasterCard® and AAA Dollars® MasterCard®

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (October 5, 2015) – U.S. Bank and Auto Club Trust FSB (ACT), a subsidiary of The Auto Club Group (ACG), which provides a broad range of products to its more than 9 million AAA members, have formed a new, long-term card-issuing alliance. The alliance has created two new MasterCard co-branded credit cards offering ACG members the opportunity to earn valuable rewards on their everyday purchases and to use their cards with the latest digital wallet technologies.

“U.S. Bank's unique relationship with ACT and MasterCard creates a dynamic alliance that extends valuable membership rewards benefits to ACG members. Whether earning AAA Dollars to purchase AAA travel and services or choosing the cash back option - the credit card rewards program offers flexibility that cardholders appreciate," said Robert Goeller, senior vice president, Co-brand Partnerships at U.S. Bank.

In connection with the new ACT program, U.S. Bank has also entered into an agreement to purchase the existing $500 million-plus ACG credit card portfolio at the end of the third quarter. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

The AAA Dollars Plus MasterCard is for AAA members of ACG who love to earn rewards.

• Cardholders can earn 3 percent on qualifying net AAA purchases and travel1, 2 percent on qualifying net gas, grocery and drug store purchases2, and 1 percent on qualifying net purchases everywhere else2.
  • The card has no annual fee*, and no foreign transaction fees* will be charged on purchases abroad.

The AAA Dollars MasterCard is for members who prefer a credit card with a competitive APR.

• This attractively priced card currently offers a low introductory APR, while having a competitive go-to rate.
  • The cardholder earns 1 percent rewards on all qualifying net purchases2.
  • The card has no annual fee*.

“We at Auto Club Trust are very excited about our new credit card relationship with U.S. Bank,” said ACT Chief Executive Officer Tom Ferries. “We believe this partnership will be mutually beneficial to ACT, U.S. Bank and most importantly our AAA members who will be better served with best in class credit card products and services.”

AAA members of ACG can learn more about and apply for the AAA Dollars Plus and AAA Dollars MasterCard products at www.aaa.com/creditcard or by visiting their local AAA branch office. Full terms and conditions apply.

About U.S. Bank
Minneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $419 billion in assets as of June 30, 2015, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth largest commercial bank in the United States. The Company operates 3,164 banking offices in 25 states and 5,020 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.

About Auto Club Trust FSB
ACT is a federally chartered savings association headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, with branch offices in Omaha, Nebraska and Dearborn.  It is a subsidiary of The Auto Club Group ("ACG") and its property-casualty insurance affiliate, Auto Club Insurance Association. ACG is the second largest AAA club in North America.  ACG and its affiliates provide membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to more than 9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana.  ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 55 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.

# # #

1 Earn 3% per dollar for qualifying Net Purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) made with the card through any participating AAA Club when AAA is the merchant of record, or at eligible retail travel merchants. AAA Clubs located in Northern California, Nevada and Utah are not participating AAA Clubs and purchases made at those clubs will not qualify for 3%. Insurance purchases made through any AAA Club or Club-affiliated insurance agency for policies which are not underwritten by an insurance company owned by or affiliated with any AAA Club will not earn 3%. ACG Card Services cannot control how merchants choose to classify their business and reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify.

2 Account must be in good standing to earn AAA Dollars. AAA Dollars are not earned on business related transactions or activities. AAA Dollars are earned on qualifying net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns). ACG Card Services cannot control how merchants choose to classify their business and reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify.

* The APR may vary and as of 10-1-15, the undiscounted variable APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers is 13.99% - 23.99% (based on your creditworthiness) for the AAA Dollars Plus MasterCard and 12.99%, 17.99% or 23.99% (based on your creditworthiness) for the AAA Dollars MasterCard. The variable APR for Cash Advances is 25.99%. Cash Advance fee: 5% of each advance amount, $10 minimum. Convenience Check fee: 3% of each check amount, $10 minimum. Cash Equivalent fee: 5% of each cash amount, $10 minimum. Balance Transfer fee: 3% of each transfer amount, $10 minimum. There is a $2 minimum interest charge where interest is due. There is no annual fee. Foreign Transaction Fee: There is no foreign transaction fee for the AAA Dollars Plus MasterCard. The Foreign Transaction Fee for the AAA Dollars MasterCard: 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in U.S. Dollars. 2% of each foreign purchase transaction or foreign ATM advance transaction in a Foreign Currency. We may change APRs, fees, and other Account terms in the future based on your experience with ACG Card Services and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.

The creditor and issuer of the AAA Dollars Plus MasterCard and AAA Dollars MasterCard is U.S. Bank NA dba ACG Card Services, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

NOTICE: This AAA Credit Card change is for the Midwest area and may not affect other AAA Regions!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: AAA and US Bank Launch AAA Dollars Plus and AAA Dollars MasterCards (World MasterCards)

They must want to obtain an even smaller amount of new applicants with there move to US bank.
Message 2 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: AAA and US Bank Launch AAA Dollars Plus and AAA Dollars MasterCards (World MasterCards)

Awesome! I hate BoFA and always wanted AAA CC!

Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

As of today you will find this if applying for it...................

Text Banking. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply.

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Spider15 wrote:
Note, Bank of America was issuing AAA Credit Card products. AAA moved to a new issuer (US Bank) on October 1st, 2015.

Actually, the relationship appears to be split between AAA and ACT/ACG.  AAA, depending on the regional club and/or charter, is still handled by BOA and ACT/ACG will be serviced by US Bank going forward.

For instance, AAA cards issued for the Ohio AAA Club are still administered by BOA - the website or partnership mentions no changes (This credit card program is administered by Bank of America, N.A.). 

I currently have the AAA Mid-Atlantic AmEx through BOA and there has been no mention of any lender changes to that relationship either.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:
Note, Bank of America was issuing AAA Credit Card products. AAA moved to a new issuer (US Bank) on October 1st, 2015.

Actually, the relationship appears to be split between AAA and ACT/ACG.  AAA, depending on the regional club and/or charter, is still handled by BOA and ACT/ACG will be serviced by US Bank going forward.

For instance, AAA cards issued for the Ohio AAA Club are still administered by BOA - the website or partnership mentions no changes (This credit card program is administered by Bank of America, N.A.). 

I currently have the AAA Mid-Atlantic AmEx through BOA and there has been no mention of any lender changes to that relationship either.

Whew ... this is interesting! Glad you checked  as this will certainly serve to provide potential confusion to some AAA Members (such as myself). Great info Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

Checked with AAA and US Bank. US Bank bought all (apparently not all) of the AAA Credit Cards from Bank of America for around $500 million and took the portfolio in October 2015.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no previous contact with the AAA about their credit cards and I just checked my account online.  I had to renew for 2016.

They have two CCs offered with similar names as the membership categories.

I am in Florida so it is with aaasouth and both are offered by US Bank.

I am a fan of AAA but not of US Bank, so I am not interested in any of their products, even co-branded.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonight I got a snail mail Pre Approval for the AAA card.

I'm in California. This AAA Credit Card offer remains as part of Bank of America, not U.S. Bank.

So...yes?  Only the MidWest has switched to U.S.Bank. 

Edit:  Personal opinion, since BankAmericard started in California, I would like to see U.S. Bank attempt to take over BoA's home turf. GL US BANK. Smiley LOL  (my opinion only)

Message 9 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm in the Mid Atlantic, don't have the card but my AAA website still shows the BOA version right now.

Not too surprised by this, though. BOA never seemd to "like" this card much. It gets almost no advertising.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.