Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX RANKS HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

tag
OntheHorizon
Valued Member

AMEX RANKS HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Just stumbled across this.  What a crock.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX RANKS HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

I agree 100%.  What a crock !!!!!!!!!!!! 

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I respectfully disagree with you two. If you behave yourself and you truly understand how the Amex game works and you follow it, bad things won't happen. There are a ton of reasons why Amex takes AA. I have yet to see someone prove their case against Amex when they took AA against them. You also have to remember that it's Amex's money and not ours.
Message 3 of 16
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Pretty sure a lot of people who have never made a late payment who had no obvious risk factors such as high util were hit with the FR. That's bad customer service at its finest.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I respectfully disagree with you, Fused. The general population believes that if they are paying all of their bills on time, they are "behaving". Unless Amex is going to start handing out a manual with all the do's and don'ts required to stay in their good graces, what they are doing to people is disgusting. How can you "behave yourself" if you don't know the rules? The major issue with Amex is that no one knows what to do and most are not suspecting such behavior to come from a credit card company when they don't think they are doing anything wrong. How about all those folks that never applied for an Amex Charge card before, because they know they don't PIF every month, but when Amex unleashed all these so called revolving cards, they told people it was okay to carry a balance. Well, they obviously didn't mean it. How is the unsuspecting consumer supposed to know that?

I also hardly think that deactivating cards or reducing CL's without notice an act that should be ranked highest in customer service. It's the lack of notification that is really crucial. And again, most people are not sitting around an internet forum discussing the in's and out's of the Amex animal. They don't KNOW what to do to keep Amex happy. Perhaps they should send out an insert with every new card they issue directing the unsuspecting folks to MyFico so they can read exactly how they should behave, to hopefully stay in the good graces of American Express.

Amex is like getting the excitment of finally be accepted by the "in" crowd at school, it's all fun and dandy while it lasts, but any day you can show up and realize that no one is talking to you and you have no idea why.

P.S.
Never had an Amex, so I'm not speaking from a biased point of view. And, I'm really disappointed about it because I wanted one for years and am now a perfect candidate to apply, but I won't subject myself to this type of treatment.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-05-2008 08:57 AM
Message 5 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Amex 2007 actions (from their website):

􀂆 Integrated housing information into our decisions

􀂆 Restricted line increases

􀂆 Continued to cancel inactive/low-FICO accounts

􀂆 Reduced lines for cardmembers with subprime mortgages

􀂆 Curtailed cross-sell for cardmembers with mortgage risk in certain geographies

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the point of this MV? And where did you find this information on their website?

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-05-2008 09:45 AM
Message 7 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
What is the point of this MV? And where did you find this information on their website?

For information in case anyone is interested.  The changes in what Amex is doing are very interesting - historically they had 80%CLis to 20% CLDs, now it is 51/49.  Also the CLDs for high outstanding mortgage balance, areas of big house price drops etc.

Via Pizza's link:

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just couldn't tell what your intent was because you didn't say anything with the message. Sorry.
That link isn't working right now, but I'll try it later.

Message 9 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

i was going to post this but you beat me to it:
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.