Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX now offering free FICO 08

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX now offering free FICO 08

I have the newer updated look on AMEX website, but I don't have the option to see my FICO. However, I found this gem after using AMEX internal search feature. it has similar wording that is in the fine print of Discover's FICO page, and notice they mention they pull EX, and update monthly. At this point I would be willing to bet FICO 08 confirmed.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 51 of 666
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I have the new look. I don't have the free FICO EX 08.

I pay for Credit Secure -- wonder if that matters?
Message 52 of 666
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

They have rolled it out to only a selected few. It just means you are not among them Smiley Sad

Message 53 of 666
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

i don't have credit secure and I also don't have it checked just now :-( I don't think my ex 08 score changed much since I got my EDP card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 54 of 666
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

I have the newer updated look on AMEX website, but I don't have the option to see my FICO. However, I found this gem after using AMEX internal search feature. it has similar wording that is in the fine print of Discover's FICO page, and notice they mention they pull EX, and update monthly. At this point I would be willing to bet FICO 08 confirmed.

+1 I was just about to post this.

Message 55 of 666
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Exciting news! To me when i login i see all tabs with new 2014 look except the home .. Thats weird Smiley Tongue

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 56 of 666
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

It would be nice of amex to inform us if or when we are getting these scores, and which cards are eligible?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 57 of 666
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

It would be nice of amex to inform us if or when we are getting these scores, and which cards are eligible?

This is a big change for them which may or not go forward.  It's not unreasonable for their not announcing it, especially as it impacts Credit Secure which presumably makes them some amount of revenue.

Anyway in general it's not uncommon for a website to run multiple versions (split testing) to see how customers respond to it.  Pretty much all major websites will use something similar when we're talking new UI's, which allows them to see not only user behavior but also how the new application behaves in their infrastucture on a wider set of criteria than most of the rest of the software lifecycle can catch (end users are still way better than any other bug catching system unfortunately).

The fact the UI site someone posted (thanks for that, neat looking at that) at least suggests we'll get the new UI within the next two months; I can wait that long for another FICO score personally though I would be absolutely happy if this does go through since it'll likely be Experian (where the AR's land for me, FICO Open Access and all).

        
Message 58 of 666
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

This is a big change for them which may or not go forward.  It's not unreasonable for their not announcing it, especially as it impacts Credit Secure which presumably makes them some amount of revenue.

Anyway in general it's not uncommon for a website to run multiple versions (split testing) to see how customers respond to it.  Pretty much all major websites will use something similar when we're talking new UI's, which allows them to see not only user behavior but also how the new application behaves in their infrastucture on a wider set of criteria than most of the rest of the software lifecycle can catch (end users are still way better than any other bug catching system unfortunately).

The fact the UI site someone posted (thanks for that, neat looking at that) at least suggests we'll get the new UI within the next two months; I can wait that long for another FICO score personally though I would be absolutely happy if this does go through since it'll likely be Experian (where the AR's land for me, FICO Open Access and all).

I imagine they get some kind of kickback but it cannot be a ton of money. IIRC, Credit Secure is $15 a month, and you get plus scores. When you buy plus scores from the CRAs, its like 10-15 dollars for the score. So really, AMEX is just a middleman to what you could get directly from the tap.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 59 of 666
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex offering Experian scores would be nice. Will give me free access to all three scores once Citi and Amex offer them next year. Hopefully Amex decides to go ahead with offering Experian FICO scores.  

Message 60 of 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.