Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from Capital One regarding T&C

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Alert from Capital One regarding T&C

Logged into my account today and this is what Cap 1 had to say about the recent news of the language in their T&C

You may have heard there is language in our customer agreements stating we could potentially make “personal visits” to our customers.

As much as we would like to get to know each of our customers better, we don’t visit our customers at their homes or workplaces to discuss their credit card debt—ever. We never will and apologize if we ever made you think we might.

And if we need to call you—rest assured—we will never claim to be anyone other than Capital One when we make those phone calls.

Finally, we are reviewing our customer agreements to ensure we use language that more clearly represents our intentions. We can do better.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alert from Capital One regarding T&C

I just noticed that as well.  They've taken a bit of a beating over the "personal visits" line, so I'm glad they backed off a bit haha.

Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

A lot of this discussed in the news forum 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/bd-p/creditnews

Thanks for sharing

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Mods...go ahead and delete.  Someone else already posted the alert in another thread in "Credit in the News".   

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 4 of 9
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Cap One not visiting after all....

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, if so sorry.

Just noticed an ALERT on the top of the page at Capital One that reads........

WE CAN DO BETTER

You may have heard there is language in our customer agreements stating we could potentially make “personal visits” to our customers.

As much as we would like to get to know each of our customers better, we don’t visit our customers at their homes or workplaces to discuss their credit card debt—ever. We never will and apologize if we ever made you think we might.

And if we need to call you—rest assured—we will never claim to be anyone other than Capital One when we make those phone calls.

Finally, we are reviewing our customer agreements to ensure we use language that more clearly represents our intentions. We can do better.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One not visiting after all....

I doubt it changes how people feel about Cap-1 and since its still in WRITING and I have not received an amended T&C their announcement is irrelevant.

Message 6 of 9
39Xelor
Established Member

Re: Cap One not visiting after all....

I read that when I logged into Cap One a few days ago.. In all honesty, I highly doubt they would really visit a person home... Unless of course the debt owed was a substantial amount like 20k or more...

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bottom line... did they actual issue a new written customer agreement with the language change? Funny how when the dust settles things don't happen?!
Message 8 of 9
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Bottom line... did they actual issue a new written customer agreement with the language change? Funny how when the dust settles things don't happen?!

+1

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.