Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All-in-one credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All-in-one credit card

Sick of your wallet bulging with plastic? So are a lot of other consumers who carry, on average, nine credit, debit and loyalty cards, according to financial research firm Celent. Tech entrepreneur Jonathan Ramaci spied an opportunity in those overstuffed wallets to sell a slim, secure gadget that could mimic all of the cards.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All-in-one credit card

That's a nifty idea.   If someone stole it, it would be useless to them.  I'd be willing to pay $99 for it.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HouseHunter wrote:
That's a nifty idea.   If someone stole it, it would be useless to them.  I'd be willing to pay $99 for it.

ditto
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Very cool
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely worth considering. I just hope iCache is watching the recently hacked Apple iPhone and is taking steps to safeguard it.

Their website has some interesting info.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

An inevitable step, and possibly overdue.  This would reduce the amount of in-person credit card fraud, although it's also hard to know the unforseen consequences of any new technology.  Is its usefulness limited to in-person transactions, or would it somehow protect online purchases as well? 

Message Edited by annointedWRX on 08-25-2007 11:02 PM
Message 6 of 9
Zerohot
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
If someone stole it, it would be useless to them

Unless they stole your finger too. Gross but hey... it could happen. :-)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only problem is the fingerprint reader.  I have a higher end Toshiba Laptop with the fingerprint reader.  Stupid thing always says 'Bad Quality' or something.  Almost have to celan your finger iwth alcohol to get the stupid thing to read.  I would be a little embarrassed if I coulodn't get my credit card out becaue of a sucky fingerprint reader and standing at the register.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
I would be a little embarrassed if I coulodn't get my credit card out becaue of a sucky fingerprint reader and standing at the register.

I tend not to be an early adopter, but I might in this case. If I do, I'll carry one or two cards in my wallet, just in case.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.