Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Profits Fall 13%

Established Contributor

AmEx Profits Fall 13%

6 REPLIES

Re: AmEx Profits Fall 13%

Still earning over a Bil but they have not yet been able to stem the downward spiral.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Valued Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

Still earning over a Bil but they have not yet been able to stem the downward spiral.

Don't worry, they'll just keep raising the AF's on their charge cards every year, until you have to BT the AF to another card, so you don't go into the poor house to pay it off Smiley Very Happy

Starting scores: 552 EQ, 570 TU, 558 EX Current scores (9/29/17): 746 EQ 721 TU 719 EX
Valued Contributor

I love my BCE grocery store card and with 12700 dollar limit...that's a lot of groceries.

TU fico08=820 11/10/17
EX fico08=812 10/25/17
EQ fico08=818 10/25/17
Garden since 4/5/2017
Super Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

There is an old expression: "... you made your bed now lie in it ..." Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 802
Current Score: 821
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Yeah but what if you baught the sheets in Walmart?
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Dinosaur wrote:

gdale6 wrote:

There is an old expression: "... you made your bed now lie in it ..." Smiley Wink

I feel that Amex is still not marketing to the "middle-class America."  It's focus is on 

the upper echelon consumer.  Loosing the Costco portfolio, you would think they

would re-focus there marketing efforts.  Maybe even introduce a secured card, to 

tap new markets.  Most prime banks now offer secured cards, but not Amex. Oh well, no Amex

for me!!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017