cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex, Costco to end partnership March 31, 2016...

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex, Costco to end partnership March 31, 2016...

"03/02/15 -- Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ: COST) today announced it has entered into a new co-brand credit card program agreement with Citi and an acceptance and co-brand incentive agreement with Visa. The implementation of these agreements is subject to the purchase of the existing co-brand credit card portfolio by Citi."

Costco Enters Into a Long Term Co-Brand Credit Card Agreement With Citi and an Acceptance and Co-Bra...

Message 51 of 73
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What Amex card do you think will replace the Costco true earnings

@Anonymous wrote:
After reading fourms all day, I can't seem to find an answer as to which Amex card will be replacing the Costco true earnings once Costco ends it's contract on March 31st 2016.

Probably because they haven't announced it yet. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

I looked up the simply cash but who wants 5% back on office supplies?

Plenty do.  Never assume "I don't" means "no one does".  If AmEx was basing their decision on what you want then you could probably tell us what the new card would be.  All we can go on is history and what happened in Canada seems most relevant to me.  We'll just have to wait and see to find out for certain.

@Anonymous wrote:

And it says it's considered a business card, which makes sense if your in need of those supplies for business owners .

The Canadian SimplyCash isn't a business card but it does have the same design as the American Blue Cash.  Rewards are different though.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/content/simply-cash/

Message 52 of 73
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Not insider gossip, widely reported in financial news. Even google has it.

Just say you PM me 50 each when it turns out I'm right, 'Kay?

PS, someone still owes me 2k from the 80's when I predicted the credit collapse around 2010 was my date. You should see what I have for around (approx dates using bell curve) 2020 and 2060! Smiley Tongue

LOL, guess IOU. Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 73
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

AMEX also has to replace the JetBlue card. I wonder what that will turn into...

Message 54 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.25% on everything with the Simply Cash?  Amex has to do better than that to entice me... I'd prefer the ED card or the BCE card, not that I'd use either.

Might consider temporarily severing ties with Amex as their offering doesn't really interest me.  If they came out with a card that yielded 2x MR points on everything with no AF, THAT would get my attention.  But that wont ever happen.  Hopefully they reinstate my MSD when I'm ready to come back.

Message 55 of 73
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

PS, someone still owes me 2k from the 80's when I predicted the credit collapse around 2010 was my date. You should see what I have for around (approx dates using bell curve) 2020 and 2060! Smiley Tongue

I take Paypal (but your buddy needs to chime in). Smiley Very Happy

Dontcha  wanna know about 2020, or 2060?

Better yet, who wants some stock picks? Smiley Tongue  Before I was imperfectfutture, for years future insights, but someone stole my name and idea (I was a developer once).  However, these nicknames came from the 2007 time frame when I was saying - CASH OUT, CASH OUT. heehee (everything happens for a reason).

Signature needs updating
Message 56 of 73
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@uswala wrote:

If Costco goes with Cap One MC like Canada, I would not mind a bit. At least then they will accept MC and I can use my Citi DC to get 2% cashback like I get now with my Fidelity Amex. 

I'd like to point out that our current Exec card/membership does better than that.  We get 3% on Costco & gas and another 2% on restaurants from AmEX.  In addition, we get a separate check from Costco for our Costco purchases. I like receiving two checks per year.  One pays for my membership and puts a little cash in my pocket.  The second check is just pure pocket cash.

Anyway, if the new card has similar benefits, I may be tempted to apply for it.  If the AmEX card that they switch us to gives us 2% or more on restaurants and better grocery benefits, then that'll give me incentive to put the AmEX card to use after the Costco relationship ends. 

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 73
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Emyshor wrote:

Here is the Capital One Platinum (for Costco users) in Canada:

http://www.capitalone.ca/credit-cards/costco/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=G&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTM...

Only 2% for gas Smiley Sad

I note that it doesn't list anything special about Costco purchases.  Currently we get at least 3% at Costco or co-branded cards.  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 58 of 73
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Better yet, who wants some stock picks? Smiley Tongue  Before I was imperfectfutture, for years future insights, but someone stole my name and idea (I was a developer once).  However, these nicknames came from the 2007 time frame when I was saying - CASH OUT, CASH OUT. heehee (everything happens for a reason).

In fact, I just found my copyright to future insights from 2008.  How does one go about enforcing this?

Signature needs updating
Message 59 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

In fact, I just found my copyright to future insights from 2008.  How does one go about enforcing this?

Send a cease and desist message to the forum mods.

Message 60 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.