Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Ranks 1st in Customer Satisfaction: JD Power

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Amex Ranks 1st in Customer Satisfaction: JD Power

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2017-jd-power-credit-card-study

Amex came out first in recent JD power study in overal customer satisfaction. No surprise to me to be honest. I've had an Amex card for 7 years and the service has been superb. I've seen some post stating otherwise, but was wondering if you guys agree with the recent JD Power results?

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Ranks 1st in Customer Satisfaction: JD Power

All of the opinions on this will be very personal, as our unique experiences mold how we feel about different lenders.  For every person out there that thinks X lender is the greatest ever and Y is the absolute worst, you'll find someone else that has had only terrible experiences with X and great experiences with Y. 

Message 2 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Even more interesting is that Cap One is in 3rd place.    3 years ago or so, the majority of Cap One comments here were very negative, that has changed a lot

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All of the opinions on this will be very personal, as our unique experiences mold how we feel about different lenders.  For every person out there that thinks X lender is the greatest ever and Y is the absolute worst, you'll find someone else that has had only terrible experiences with X and great experiences with Y. 

This is a survey so it isn't personal.  i have disputed charges twice with Amex and both times they were clearly on my side.  I had a double charge on my Bank of America card and they were totally not on my side and basically said you are on your own.  And it took me 3 months of calling the merchant for the merchant to finally reverse second charge.  

Message 4 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Even more interesting is that Cap One is in 3rd place.    3 years ago or so, the majority of Cap One comments here were very negative, that has changed a lot

Followed closely by Barclaycard in 4th!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 12
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a survey so it isn't personal.  i have disputed charges twice with Amex and both times they were clearly on my side.  I had a double charge on my Bank of America card and they were totally not on my side and basically said you are on your own.  And it took me 3 months of calling the merchant for the merchant to finally reverse second charge.  

It might be a survey but the answers are based on opinions and mostly personal experience as you pointed out. Like Dell PC's might get good overall ratings but I won't ever buy one again.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 6 of 12
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I have had nothing but pleasent experiences with AmEx. They have always been kind and curteous in each and every interaction no matter the abusrity of my request. Even when they have not been able to reserve a table or get last minute tickets they're quick to apologize and will go over every other available option. I am happy to carry them in my "wallet" and will always* reach for my Platinum card first. They've earned my business; 10/10 would recommend! 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Followed closely by Barclaycard in 4th!

Barclays?  Now, that is dodgySmiley Happy... Making me question the validity of this survey.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... I was promised yesterday from Amex CSR that I would get a call from a Supervisor by EOB. It is now Saturday and still no call. So, if i were to take a survey it wouldn't be a positive one. Discover would get low marks due to my account closing drama. But surprisingly enough, Barclays would get high marks. Mostly because I only had to call them once since opening the card and it was a pleasure if i recall.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean Citi isn't at the top of the list? Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.