Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS TAKING OVER LEHMAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BARCLAYS TAKING OVER LEHMAN

Heard it on the news today.  AIG getting government bailout.  Nothing on WAMU except they still have money!!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BARCLAYS TAKING OVER LEHMAN

I saw some blurb about Barclays taking over Lehman early today and now I can't remember where! Darn.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

you probably didn't see it here!

Barclays buys core Lehman assets

UK bank Barclays has bought some of the core assets of US investment bank Lehman Brothers for $1.75bn (£1bn).

Barclays bought Lehman's North American investment banking and trading unit for $250m, and paid $1.5bn for its New York headquarters and two data centres.

Meanwhile administrators for Lehman in the UK said there was interest in LBAM (Europe) and Lehman Brothers Europe.

The first is an asset management firm and the latter a corporate finance advisory business.

Both businesses are solvent and trading.

“We are also taking a keen interest in developments with Lehman Brothers in the US," the administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers, said.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, MV. Maybe that's why I brushed by it and kept on goin'. I swear my short term memory is so bad lately.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard it on talk radio and then saw it again on comcast news.  That's why I posted it.
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So Barclays is picking up the good stuff and leaving the rest, correct?

Although it has probably changed again since then. Smiley Tongue

@MidnightVoice wrote:

UK bank Barclays has bought some of the core assets of US investment bank Lehman Brothers for $1.75bn (£1bn).

Barclays bought Lehman's North American investment banking and trading unit for $250m, and paid $1.5bn for its New York headquarters and two data centres.

Meanwhile administrators for Lehman in the UK said there was interest in LBAM (Europe) and Lehman Brothers Europe.

The first is an asset management firm and the latter a corporate finance advisory business.

“We are also taking a keen interest in developments with Lehman Brothers in the US," the administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers, said.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
So Barclays is picking up the good stuff and leaving the rest, correct?

Although it has probably changed again since then. Smiley Tongue

@MidnightVoice wrote:

OK, so I'm at my local coffee shop and meet with my BarclaysLehmanBrothers broker. He opens for me a brokerage account and I purchase stocks, 2 smallCap and 1 blue chip, for a combined $5000. The small caps are so so, but the blue chip jumps by 2000% in one week. So, I got all excited, until...BarclaysLehmanBrothers takes away my money in that stock and closes it. They then close one of the small caps and they transfer my other small cap into a penny stock and I'm stuck with junk.

It's almost like I've been here before.....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.