Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bailout passes the Senate

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Bailout passes the Senate

Pass 74-25 in the Senate. The deal was sweetened by raising the FDIC limit, amongst other talking points.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/02/business/02bailout.php
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bailout passes the Senate

Have you seen the other JUNK they put in this thing?????????

The bailout was bad enough-

Message 2 of 11
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 3 of 11
want2b_800s
Contributor

I'm just glad my $250K will be safe now.  whewwww hoooooo!!!!!  What a relief.  I'd like to know how those 25 senators think they will be able to get a credit card, buy a car, sell their house or buy a new one for that matter or buy any big ticket item.  But again, at least my 250k and my 626 fico are safe.
Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

I emailed both my senators and told them they wouldnt get my vote next time since they voted for the bill.

I guess I'm one of the millions of Americans who still dont understand the situation in not supporting the bailout.  I hope the bailout does work so I'm not one of the million Americans who say "I told you so".  I rather gamble In Vegas.   Better odds I suspect.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 11
want2b_800s
Contributor

I don't know the right answer but regardless of whether we bail out or not, you and millions of other Americans will be paying for this one way or another.  I sincerely doubt all these companies will lose billions and NOT pass it onto each and every one of their customers in one way or another.  So here's to increased interest rates...if anyone out there is still willing to lend money. 

One of my friends has an 830 FICO and was in the process of buying a car two days ago, so while she got a good deal on the price of the car, it cost her far more money in interest.  Net overall, it was more expensive than the car she bought two years ago.  She said the whole thing wasn't easy, including the financing -- with an 830 real FICO...wow....so what are the rest of us FICO 'low lifes' going to do now?????  Most people aren't financial planners with an 830 fico and an Beverly Hills address.

Hopefully things get better.  I prey everyday.  For some reason, though, I don't think it matters any longer who told anyone what.  We're all in this together now whether we like it or not and your taxes will go up whether you like it or not or vote for your senator again or not.  That's just the fact of the matter.  Where else do you think it can go from here?

Message Edited by want2b_800s on 10-02-2008 06:00 PM
Message Edited by want2b_800s on 10-02-2008 06:01 PM
Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, Revelations is a little too heavy for me and I tend to think we advanced past that stage in our relationship with the Almighty. I'm an optimist, this is still the greatest country on earth and the majority of people here are still hard working and intelligent. We need a wake up call to get them involved and straighten out our hired help in Washington.Maybe this is it.

Message 7 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

@want2b_800s wrote:

One of my friends has an 830 FICO and was in the process of buying a car two days ago, so while she got a good deal on the price of the car, it cost her far more money in interest.

I was in the bank yesterday and the rate for a 30 year mortgage was 7%.  Those of you who think the bailout will suddenly make credit easy to get again probably should think again.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have they disclosed exactly how they are going to pay for the new bailout package? Where's the money coming from exactly now?
Message 9 of 11
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.