Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Loan Interest

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank Loan Interest

I was wondering if anyone here has got themselves into what they call "bargain loans" from banks that had jumped on consumers who were not able to afford homes but wanted to get out of debt by sending out invitations for loans through the mail?

Yes I am one of them who had received them, and yes I took advantage of it to pay off old debt. Yes I took advantage of one or two to get out from under all the old debt I had. But one of the banks, Merchant bank, who sold out to Bank of America has a really high interest rate.

They gave me a loan for $30,000 at an interest rate of 18.99% and the payment each month is $700.00.  When I got the loan I complained about the interest rate. The loan officer stated, wait 6 months, pay on your account, and will drop the rate.  It's been 6 months now and my recent call for a drop in the interest rate was denied. I've got the loan paid down to around $29,000 now. Still I can't get them to reduce the rate.

My fico scores are good, but this doesn't matter right now.  I don't know what I can do to get them to either drop the rate and work with me on the monthly payment.

I spoke to consumer credit and they speak of bankruptcy. That's "NOT" a solution I wish to do at this point.

Has anyone else received these "bargain loan" offers and is in this predicament?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Bank Loan Interest

Have you tried to get a loan with lower ARP from your local Credit Union to pay it off?  Assuming there are no really nasty prepay penalties that is
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Loan Interest

That is what I was thinking of as well. I may just try and open an account with a credit union to see if this loan can b dealt with. No there will be no nasty added fiance charges. All the Bank of America wants is there money.  ThanksMan Indifferent
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.