Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLI/CLD article

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Barclay CLI/CLD article

Edited since blog links arent allowed, if you want to read google:  "Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increase-and-Decrease" OR visit this google page and select the first result https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm#channel=ipad_bm&q=++Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Bl...

Not sure if this was mentioned here before, couldn't find this on google on these forums, but in 2013 Barclays released an informational post on how to recieve CLIs. From what I took from it, let a small balance post every month.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLI/CLD Blog

I have referred people to the blog in some of my posts by telling them to google search for it. Unfortunately, Blog links are not permitted on these forums Smiley Sad I actually linked part 2 of this blog last year and had a mod edit it and pm me asking me not to do it. 

Message 2 of 7
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Blog links aren't allowed really? Never heard of that. Either way, extremely helpful information.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have referred people to the blog in some of my posts by telling them to google search for it. Unfortunately, Blog links are not permitted on these forums Smiley Sad I actually linked part 2 of this blog last year and had a mod edit it and pm me asking me not to do it. 

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Blog links aren't allowed really? Never heard of that. Either way, extremely helpful information.

@Anonymous wrote:

Refer to: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/td-p/4

While Barclays Blog can arguably be called something other than a personal Blog it is technically a Blog of a community manager. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the rule, but I am just passing on the information since I was edited and private messaged for linking this exact Blog last year. 

Specific language from above link below: 

Posting to FICO Forums

Users of FICO Forums agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content: 

• Posting a link to the poster’s personal blog or web site without explicit permission from a FICO Forums administrator;

Edit: Not sure if the above is the right provision, but it is the one I looked at after receiving the moderators message.

Message 4 of 7
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay CLI/CLD article

A personal blog I get, but a companies blog posts are more like news updates than a blog. Can someone (a moderator) elaborate on why such a link would not be allowed?
Message 5 of 7
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

Ok, I "googled" it and read.  That was very interesting, thank you for sharing!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@disdreamin wrote:
A personal blog I get, but a companies blog posts are more like news updates than a blog. Can someone (a moderator) elaborate on why such a link would not be allowed?

I don't think this blog would be denied.  Personal blogs have to be vetted by FICO (not us volunteers, employees and in some cases Legal), but this is a Barclay's blog no different than say the Amex community forums and blog postings which have been put out before.

I can double check that but speaking in my moderator role, I wouldn't have airstruck this one without checking first with the FICO folks, unlike personal blogs where I airstrike then check Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.