Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Best 5% Cash Back Cards of 2017

If anyone cares-found 2 I didn't know about.

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/best-of/10-best-5-cash-back-credit-cards
FICO 08: TU= 786 (May) EQ= 774 (May) EX= 706 (May) Recent Approvals:Huntington Voice $12k/Amex PRG-NPSL Favorites: Discover It, USB Cash+, Amex PRG
Contributor

Re: Best 5% Cash Back Cards of 2017

Nice find! I've been looking for an unlimited 5% gas card and the Fort Knox Visa looks intriguing.

Last HP: Feb 20, 2017
Established Contributor

I wonder if it's worth having more than a single 5% card?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-719,Eq08-722,Tu08-717
Goal Score: Ex08-760,Eq08-760,Tu08-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

@Sub.... yes. This way like while Discover is on gas and auto for the Quarter Freedom might be on Restaurants and Fast Food and another may be on Amazon and Departmenr Stores. You can maximize the cash back then
FICO 08: TU= 786 (May) EQ= 774 (May) EX= 706 (May) Recent Approvals:Huntington Voice $12k/Amex PRG-NPSL Favorites: Discover It, USB Cash+, Amex PRG
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Djgrolyos wrote:
If anyone cares-found 2 I didn't know about.

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/best-of/10-best-5-cash-back-credit-cards

Restricted membership and look at the blocked countries where they will not permit Visa Card usage ... never heard of this!

DISREGARD this post!

Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Valued Contributor

What are you talking about? Which cards have "restricted membership"?
Highlighted
Contributor

From a creditor's perspective, why are there no cards which offer flat unlimited 5% cash back? Is it just too expensive for them to be handing out 5% freely? I guess there's the Amazon Prime card, but that's restricted in the location.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

mkhan1093 wrote:

From a creditor's perspective, why are there no cards which offer flat unlimited 5% cash back? Is it just too expensive for them to be handing out 5% freely? I guess there's the Amazon Prime card, but that's restricted in the location.

Think about this:

You lend me $100 for a month with no interest. A month later, I pay you back $95 and keep the other $5 as 'cash back'.

Does this sound like a good deal to you? The creditors might feel the same waySmiley Happy

They do get a bit from the exchange fee but the story is similar on a high level.

Super Contributor

Djgrolyos wrote:
What are you talking about? Which cards have "restricted membership"?

Hmm ... I am puzzled myself. Can not find anything to explain what I found or was talking about. Disregard as irrelevant.

Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Valued Contributor

Lol. I do that too. By the time I am 60 or 70 I'll for sure have no mind left. Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.