Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boscov's- Comenity will replace Cap1

tag
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Boscov's- Comenity will replace Cap1

Starting March 16, 2016, Comenity will be the credit provider for Boscov's Deptment store, replacing Capital One.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Re: Boscov's- Comenity will replace Cap1

I just noticed that I wonder why
Message 2 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Do they offer their credit cards in Visa or MC versions too?

Message 3 of 12
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Do they offer their credit cards in Visa or MC versions too?

Not sure yet, site isn't processing apps yet. On the site,I don't see a card with visa or mc logo but with Cap 1 they only offered a store card as far as I know. I won't be applying, only store card I plan to keep is Amazon, which I am totally happy with, not interested in upgrading it. In the end, I hope to only keep a few cards, simple is better. For me any way Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I just got a letter from Boscovs because I applied they want me to call in and verify some info does this mean I was approved for the card ?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that Comenity has easier UW criteria that Cap1, hence more apps approved and more sales.

Message 6 of 12
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

That's exactly right
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is that Comenity has easier UW criteria that Cap1, hence more apps approved and more sales.

I have heard that as well, but personally I have been denied by Commenity for Store credit cards; they stated with my short credit history I did not have enough debt card experience which could totally be true( apparently Commenity has there own scoring system they use it goes from 0-999; they rated me somewhere in the middle at 499 scale), but at the same time Capital One approved me for there Kohls credit card when I only had 2 months of credit history (but again my 2 months of history was with Capital One and their secured card; I dont know if that had anything to do with it)... I really don't understand how the credit comapnies make there decisions; but Kohls gave me my highest limit at the time... I had consider Boscovs when it was capital one but now that its commenity I doubt I will get approved not that I need anymore credit cards Smiley Happy

Regards

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 2 store cards Victoria Secret and Boscovs. 

Both attained this month ... 

It was weird because weekend of April 23 I was at a shoe sale at Boscovs.. 

They said I was preapproved .... I thought they wanted to run my credit so I said no. 

Couple weeks later I was shopping online on Boscovs... & I started thinking is this one of those Shopping Cart Trick thingees.

So I had a few things in my cart... I went to pay ... but shows the Boscovs Credit Card at the bottom to apply. 

I hit it .. I did not put in my full social .. just my last 4 digits.. and I was approved for $500 credit line.  Just like the Shopping Cart Trick... 

I was already registered online on Boscovs ... crazy. But since I shop there often.... seemed like a no brainer. 

I don't want store cards. But VS and Boscovs are a good fit for me, since I shop often at those places. 

Message 9 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I don't have any Comenity cards but I do go to Boscov's. Thanks for the info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.