Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Check Your Citi Fico Now

@disdreamin wrote:

The score shown there is not the classic FICO 08 you'd purchase from this site, though.  It's a bankcard version with a different min-max.  It runs from 250-900 I think, so how they correlate is anyones guess.

TBH I'm actually looking forward toward people posting comparitive data.  I'm not going to chase a Citi card just for a score since I don't personally care about CC approvals much, but it'd be interesting to see how it works and then maybe, MAYBE, we can make some better conjectures on auto enhanced scores which I'm more than annoyed by the fact we don't have access to them at all as a consumer without putting in the application as someone mentioned earlier.

        
Message 191 of 278
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
TBH I'm actually looking forward toward people posting comparitive data.  I'm not going to chase a Citi card just for a score since I don't personally care about CC approvals much, but it'd be interesting to see how it works and then maybe, MAYBE, we can make some better conjectures on auto enhanced scores which I'm more than annoyed by the fact we don't have access to them at all as a consumer without putting in the application as someone mentioned earlier.

Now that would be interesting!  Unfortunately I don't have a recent enough FICO 08 to be helpful with data - once I am sure my new auto loan has reported on all three, I'll do another score pull and post my info.  Perhaps it would be good to start a thread just for data, sort of like the auto loan thread?

Message 192 of 278
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Citi FICO Different Scoring Model Than myFICO

As best I can tell both Citi and myFICO are supposed to use the same FICO '08 model for Equifax.

I just checked the newly available Citi FICO and it gave a FICO score at 833 on 12/23. However the myFICO 3 Bureau Score Monitoring was at 818 today and hasn't changed in weeks, always been between 812-818 for months.

I suspect there MIGHT be different models for these products. Does anyone know this yet for sure?

Message 193 of 278
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi FICO Different Scoring Model Than myFICO

@Brax wrote:

As best I can tell both Citi and myFICO are supposed to use the same FICO '08 model for Equifax.

I just checked the newly available Citi FICO and it gave a FICO score at 833 on 12/23. However the myFICO 3 Bureau Score Monitoring was at 818 today and hasn't changed in weeks, always been between 812-818 for months.

I suspect there MIGHT be different models for these products. Does anyone know this yet for sure?

They are not the same.  Citi is Equifax Beacon 9.0 Bankcard Enhanced, score range is 250-900 even.

MyFICO is the standard Equifax Beacon 9.0 baseline / classic score, no industry option.  Usual FICO score range.

Beacon 9.0 = FICO 8 for forum parlance.

        
Message 194 of 278
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@disdreamin wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Now that would be interesting!  Unfortunately I don't have a recent enough FICO 08 to be helpful with data - once I am sure my new auto loan has reported on all three, I'll do another score pull and post my info.  Perhaps it would be good to start a thread just for data, sort of like the auto loan thread?

I think that's a capital idea for the General forum where we tend to keep the monthly score discussions.  Go for it for the forum cred haha, your idea.

        
Message 195 of 278
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Barclays TU is 733 with 3 inquiries, all over 6 months old, none over 1 year.

Citi EQ is 732 with 10 inquiries, 6 of which are over a year old, 3 which are over 6 months old, and 1 which is less than a month old.

Everything else on both reports is identical.

Having said that, I think the 300-850 and 250-900 give very similar results. Here's how I see it:

My TU08 - Minimum TU08 Possible = 733-300= 433

My Citi EQ - Minimum Citi EQ Possible = 732-250= 482 BUT because Citi EQ caps at 900, we have to subtract 50 from the 482, which gives us 432

All that being said, keep in mind that my TU08 is from 11/19 while the Citi EQ is 12/24.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 196 of 278
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Brax wrote:

Your EQ FICO08 - Minimum FICO08 = 818-300 = 518. You said your MyFico hasn't updated in weeks, so chances are your score went up to closer match the Citi EQ result.

Your CitiEQ - Minimum Citi EQ = 833-250 = 583, but because Citi EQ caps at 900, we subtract 50 from the 583, which gives us 533.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 197 of 278
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi released FICO Score today

@Kenny wrote:
No score is available for us to provide to you right now. Please check again later.

Uhm what?! lol Smiley Very Happy

Both me and my wife are getting the same. Seems they rolled it out to a few people as of now. Hopefully we do not have to wait long.

Message 198 of 278
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Brax wrote:

Your EQ FICO08 - Minimum FICO08 = 818-300 = 518. You said your MyFico hasn't updated in weeks, so chances are your score went up to closer match the Citi EQ result.

Your CitiEQ - Minimum Citi EQ = 833-250 = 583, but because Citi EQ caps at 900, we subtract 50 from the 583, which gives us 533.

What relevance does subtracting minimum score from current score have?  I would suggest less than zero Smiley Happy.

Classic and Bankcard enhanced are weighted differently; correlations are on the data the algorithms are run against to be valid.

        
Message 199 of 278
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

My point was that the CitiEQ score should be slightly higher than the MyFicoEQ. So far this has been true from what I have seen. I believe its their way of marketing to get people to buy their "true scores" from here.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 200 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.