Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNN Money report demystifies FICO scores from BK, lates. etc

tag
carolina98
Contributor

CNN Money report demystifies FICO scores from BK, lates. etc

Here we have CNN Money discussing with Fair Issac and Experian what BK, foreclosures, lates etc. do to your credit, with chart. Straight from the horse's mouth. Merciless. I haven't filed, but now  think I feel better about doing it.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/04/22/real_estate/foreclosure_credit_score/index.htm

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Re: CNN Money report demystifies FICO scores from BK, latest. etc

I read the article and appreciate you sharing. Now, I see how my credit score dropped so drastically after my BK02. I know that I did not learn from that mistake and within the recent years found myself back in the same trap.  I was debating on pursuing another BK or attempting to payoff my debt.  This article has truly given food for thought.

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 2 of 3
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Re: CNN Money report demystifies FICO scores from BK, latest. etc

Interesting article - however, they forgot one huge group of individuals filing for BK - and I'm part of that group as well: Invividuals who already had a very low credit score. In fact, my score went up due to filing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.