Valued Contributor

Capital One attacked???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One attacked???

CLI RAAAAAAAAAGE

But in all seriousness though, cyberattacks are getting crazier.  I think it was about a year and a half ago where LulzSec took down the FBI website.  With so much financial material (among others) being electronic, it makes me worry.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 2 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm glad that I keep my money with several financial institutions, including some that are so small that hackers would never bother with them.  If one of my financial institutions' websites are knocked out of service by a DDoS attack, I can still pay bills with another account.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

You are right. The edited did not get a CLI due to sanctions to cyber attacked them LOL

Edited to zap an ethnic reference. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 4 of 5
JJHammer
New Visitor

If you still have an account with Capital One, that is on you. They are in the newspaper almost weekly for various illegal or unethical attacks against their own client base.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.