Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalism is not favored by millennials

tag
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capitalism is not favored by millennials

@Dalmus wrote:
It all comes back to the fact that the best way to increase wages and grow the economy simultaneously is to reduce the tax burden on citizens and employers.

While almost certainly without statistical merit, there is a sliver of truth to this, with one crucial caveat. - Replace, "citizens and employers," with, "working-class citizens and small-business employers." To wit: working-class citizens are the ones that actually spend their extra funds back into the system, thus improving the overall economy.

Conversely, the wealthy just hoard.

Let's face it; the real economy is not based on goodwill. Forget about letting the wealthy keep all of their money, and then just trusting that they will somehow stimulate the entire economy for everyone else.

The goal is to put money into the hands of the citizens that will actually spend, on things that they actually need... thus stimulating and turning over the economy... but, as long as the wealthy pay taxes, too.*

*Oh wait, the wealthy would rather payoff corrupt politicians so that they don't have to contribute their fair share towards civic duty, and societal structure? Got it. But, somehow they actually pulled the wool over the eyes of a lot of gullible people with that whole, "just trust us with all the land and money, and we won't forget you," routine. I mean... How daft can anyone be, to believe that things that are based wholly on trust, and not statistics, will ever work out for anyone else, economically.

When society trusts the wealthy aristocrats with their economic future, over fair minded policy based on civic duty and societal structure, there is truly something wrong in Kansas. Just think for a second; people don't get wealthy by sharing... duh! They get wealthy by taking, and hoarding, and taking... period. They just come up with better ideas to take from others. Not necessarily better ideas to give back to society.

The fundamental problem with capitalism is that it does not solve the wealth disparity, full stop. So, we may as well just have a king, queen, and a bunch of serfs. Trusting the wealthy class with all of the land and money has never, and will never work at creating society based on anything other than aristocrats and servants. 

But, the great big elephant in the room... is that this whole grand paper ponzi scheme may not even last that much longer... because of all of the monopoly money overwhelming the stability of the system, in the first place.

The idea that the wealthy - once they are allowed to hoard even more land and money - will somehow then wave a magic wand, and it will somehow magically improve the economics for everyone else... is nothing more than poppycock dogma, pure and simple, solely intended to fool the gullible. Saying something over and over again on talk radio works wonders, as all fantasies, and many other ads do. It does not, however, add up to anyone with a degree in grade-school addition and subtraction; or how about just those of us with, "trust issues."

Rather, the problem is that far too many distrust government itself, to budget correctly, run efficiently, or to regulate fairly. Probably somewhat warranted, considering the rampant corruption that continues to take place. The solution isn't just to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and give up on civics altogether. But, if we could just find a way to eliminate corruption from the mix, society could certainly work better, together... if, of course, everyone has a dog in the hunt. - Alas, it isn't to be.

Nevertheless, I think we should still be open to trying something that actually adds up, mathematically. I will always value a good old trusty calculator, to figure out how to keep something back for myself; versus, say, expecting someone with 20,000 untaxed acres, to actually contribute an equal measure to society, solely of their own volition. Never - gonna - happen.

Message 51 of 53
marty56
Super Contributor

I used to want to live in a Star Trek type of world where everyone did their job and no one worried about money.  Then I started to notice that the higher ranking officers got the cooler chicks.  I wonder if they were willing to spread the wealth around.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 52 of 53
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

I used to want to live in a Star Trek type of world where everyone did their job and no one worried about money.  Then I started to notice that the higher ranking officers got the cooler chicks.  I wonder if they were willing to spread the wealth around.

...with my luck I'dda been a Redshirt.  Smiley Wink   

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.