Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargesmart now part of...

tag
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

Chargesmart now part of...

Chargesmart now part of...TIO family. Direct link: http://corporate.tionetworks.com/tio-networks-acquires-chargesmart-com/

I am happy for this. I frequest use this site to pay my car note w/ CC and rack up cashback which pays that balance down effectively having the bank then pay for their own card every now and then. Also, since Im now able to use my discover which houses my higherst limit. I wont get cashback(Now that big of a deal now though) but the car will be paid off faster and Insurance will go down. Then, I can start my journey for a house and be in debt all over again. Smiley Very Happy

Anyways, Now they will have access to more billers and have a stronger foundation to site on. Im excited for this. 

"Four more months until 2 inquires fall off."
My Journey Thread: Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...
Goal: 780s across the board(Accomplished!) | Util: under 3%
5/27/17 - TU: 789 | EX: 785 | EQ: 798
Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Chargesmart now part of...

Lol, I learn something every day. Didn't even know this existed.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utility bill only accepts Visa/MC but comes with a $1.50 fee per transaction.

Still able to net some rewards even with the fee.

Tio gives the option of using Amex or Discover, but comes with a much larger fee:

$5.99 for payments $175 or less

$7.99 for payments over $175

$11.99 for payments over $275

No way I'll be using Tio's service since their fees just thwart any possible rewards.

Message 3 of 7
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Lol, I learn something every day. Didn't even know this existed.

Yeah. Its been around for awhile. I learned of it not to long ago as well. Smiley Happy

Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 4 of 7
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My utility bill only accepts Visa/MC but comes with a $1.50 fee per transaction.

Still able to net some rewards even with the fee.

Tio gives the option of using Amex or Discover, but comes with a much larger fee:

$5.99 for payments $175 or less

$7.99 for payments over $175

$11.99 for payments over $275

No way I'll be using Tio's service since their fees just thwart any possible rewards.

Yeah. A lot of people here feel the same. It just varies with everyone case I suppose. Me personally. I can look pass the fees. I see it as the more I spend, the more I get back so I just think of the fee as part of the purchase. But what really takes it for me is that Im paying for my car 3-4 months ahead at a time and then paying my card down that same month and a half. So Im very ahead. Im paying a small fee to save a couple thousand on my loan. Ive done the math so this type of thing works for me. EMMV. The car will be go in a year if I keep it up. However I agree with you as well. I probably wouldnt bother with this site and its fees either if I wasnt making a large consistant payment that accrues interest.

Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming that your card has 0% interest or a lower APR than your car note, otherwise I fail to see how this is beneficial. The only way this makes financial sense is if you are saving more than the fee

Message 6 of 7
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am assuming that your card has 0% interest or a lower APR than your car note, otherwise I fail to see how this is beneficial. The only way this makes financial sense is if you are saving more than the fee

Correct it does. But even so, It gets paid down that month none the less. 

Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.