Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit journey

tag
MB2714
Regular Contributor

Chase Credit journey

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but Chase now has followed the likes of Discover where anyone can get a free credit score even non Chase customers. It;s Called Chase Credit Journey. Bad thing is it is a Vantage Fako Score not a Fico based off of Transunion. Nothing fabulous but something new. Maybe this is a new trend.
Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Credit journey

Not sure it's a good trend if it's a new one; Vantage 3.0 is distinctly different than FICO and the last thing I need is another site with access to Transunion data.

If they came out with a good site backed by Experian I think that'd be helpful, I'd love a good data access product to EX on a weekly basis like CK does for TU/EQ, but this, meh.  Chase has been stingier about providing FICO scores than most other major lenders, not sure if this is just marketing or if it's lead generation based off the simulator as someone touted in one of the comments on the WSJ.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/j-p-morgan-chase-offers-consumers-free-credit-scores-1482346465

        
Message 2 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

I just signed up and got some pre-qual offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sjt wrote:

For Chase only or others?  Not sure I want to show Chase my TU report so I'll probably wait till after my CSR flier app Smiley Happy.

Hide hide hide the worst report...

        
Message 4 of 15
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Saw the ad earlier when I signed on to check accounts,, appreciate the post....Thanks !!!!!!!

Message 5 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

For Chase only or others?  Not sure I want to show Chase my TU report so I'll probably wait till after my CSR flier app Smiley Happy.

For Chase Cards. Im opt out but for some reason I can get pre-qual offers from them. It could be that I initially went through Nerd Wallet after I signed up with them. I also think the new Chase link with a free score is away around the opt out.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@sjt wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

For Chase Cards. Im opt out but for some reason I can get pre-qual offers from them. It could be that I initially went through Nerd Wallet after I signed up with them. I also think the new Chase link with a free score is away around the opt out.

Which ones out of curiosity?  Still not signing up for it heh, going to have enough problems potentially with this application not to make it worse by giving them yet more information.

        
Message 7 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Which ones out of curiosity?  Still not signing up for it heh, going to have enough problems potentially with this application not to make it worse by giving them yet more information.

On the Chase Free Score Site Pre-qualed for Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Slate, and CSP. The other pre-qual sites have the same offerings less the Freedom Unlimited.

I wonder if I will still be getting any offerings once the fifth card starts to report.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird on why they use TU. Chase have been hitting my EX for HP.

This is so like similar to what CapOne offers Credit Wise.

Its MEH.. FAKO..

Message 9 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird on why they use TU. Chase have been hitting my EX for HP.

This is so like similar to what CapOne offers Credit Wise.

Its MEH.. FAKO..

I'm guessing TU gives it away for darned near free.  

The only rationale I can see for Vantage is that they're offering it to everyone including non-customers... but Discover somehow is already doing this with a legit EX FICO 8; why not copy that?  Or maybe in their product development cycle it was too late to switch gears, though I don't think anyone in the market was clamoring for this.

I do sort of agree with the cynical viewpoint that this was for lead generation.

        
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.