Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase hacked?

tag
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

Chase hacked?

I just logged on my mobile app for chase and found an alert stating that their systems had been hacked and no signs of fraud had been detected. I did a Google search and came up with reports from the end of August. Has anyone else heard about any of this? I tried to search the forums but didn't see a result for this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase hacked?

@_sidhe_ wrote:
I just logged on my mobile app for chase and found an alert stating that their systems had been hacked and no signs of fraud had been detected. I did a Google search and came up with reports from the end of August. Has anyone else heard about any of this? I tried to search the forums but didn't see a result for this.

Smiley Surprised what!

i just logged in to my account, didnt see any alert other than homedepot!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 2 of 6
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

That's about the same face I made, too. I haven't heard anything about this one at all, but it's out there if you google chase hacked.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/08/27/reports-jpmorgan-hack-attack/14706545/

I swear, if you start with the Target breach last year, this makes the sixth hack I've dealt with since Target - Target, Home Depot, hospital, chase, PF Chang, and eBay. *headdesk*

Message 3 of 6
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

Smiley Frustrated

@CreditPlay wrote:

@_sidhe_ wrote:

Smiley Surprised what!

i just logged in to my account, didnt see any alert other than homedepot!

No matter what political views are on Fox News, this article says that the FB I is investigating this hack as well as hacks of four other banks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/28/fbi-reportedly-probing-hack-jp-morgan-chase-four-other-us...

I finally gave up the other day and put freezes on all of my reports. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did find it odd that i was approved for my Chase AARP account about 15 days ago and i received and activated the card just a few days ago, i charged about $100 dollar's worth of stuff and Chase already cut The Statement to be due next month in NOV, i saw The Statement last night Online.....Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 6
kittywitty
Contributor

my husband got an email from credit karma saying chase was hacked. i didn't get the same email and i had a credit card from chase that was recently paid off. glad i don't do business with them anymore.  wish someone would hack in and remove my 60 day late so my 8yr  history would be positive.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.