Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase targeting mortgage loans to Sapphire card holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase targeting mortgage loans to Sapphire card holders

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chase-is-offering-100000-credit-card-rewards-points-for-new-mortgag...

This is quite interesting but I don't believe it will bring in the loans they are expecting from the offer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase targeting mortgage loans to Sapphire card holders

Interesting and I do agree with you...at least I woudn't get a mtg with them just for the points...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any logical person buying a home is interest rate shopping and 100K points does not sway that.

I did find the 900,000 reserve cards issued very interesting but it sucks because I don't have statistics of a prior issued card to compare it to.  It sounds high at first but for all I know it could very well be average numbers.  Never underestimate the effect of the myFICO and FT crowd!

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Any logical person buying a home is interest rate shopping and 100K points does not sway that.

I did find the 900,000 reserve cards issued very interesting but it sucks because I don't have statistics of a prior issued card to compare it to.  It sounds high at first but for all I know it could very well be average numbers.  Never underestimate the effect of the myFICO and FT crowd!

Depending on the loan type you are shopping for rates are within .25% of each other; also FWIW my experience with Chase mortgage was just fine although they were doing a small rewards (1%) for autopay from a Chase deposit account at that point... when they sold my loan they gave me a check of a couple thousand dollars as the expected rewards.

If all other things are equal, or if you don't know any better, if someone is offering you call it $1500 and you aren't getting that from others, and if the rate is the same, why not look at Chase over others?

I don't know that it'll make any material difference, but it's an interesting experiment in marketing.

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MissingCalifornia great read! Nice catch.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.