Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase to begin offering free FICO scores

tag
Oslo
Valued Member

Chase to begin offering free FICO scores

Only to Slate cardholders....

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/tips/credit-score/chase-offers-customers-free-fico-scores-2015/

edt-  I see this has already been discussed.  I searched and didn't see anything at first. Smiley Happy

| Amex Green | Dicover It | Citi Simplicity | Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Slate | Banana Republic Visa | JCrew |

| EQ 694 | TU 701 | EX 706 | Updated 02/04/2015
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase to begin offering free FICO scores

Thanks for the info, of course I have the Freedom. LOL

Message 2 of 50
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

Do we know which bureau? 

Message 3 of 50
Oslo
Valued Member

@gwizdak24 wrote:

Do we know which bureau? 

No info on that to my knowledge.  I'm hoping for EX since I already get TU from Discover.

| Amex Green | Dicover It | Citi Simplicity | Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Slate | Banana Republic Visa | JCrew |

| EQ 694 | TU 701 | EX 706 | Updated 02/04/2015
Message 4 of 50
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Yes. EX would be great

Message 5 of 50
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It would make sense if they do use EX in that they always seem to tap into that bureau a lot and almost predominantly on approvals and seem to add one of the others as a secondary sometimes.

Hope so.

Message 6 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

It would make sense if they do use EX in that they always seem to tap into that bureau a lot and almost predominantly on approvals and seem to add one of the others as a secondary sometimes.

Hope so.

It would be nice if they did offer it but offer it on an card that is more main stream would be nice like CSP or Freedom. I don't think many people use Slate its an BT card, no rewards or cash back or anything. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hope so.

It would be nice if they did offer it but offer it on an card that is more main stream would be nice like CSP or Freedom. I don't think many people use Slate its an BT card, no rewards or cash back or anything. 

Agreed - You would think they would offer it across their line-up.  I am sure that offering it on the CSP would at least cause a few people to think twice about their decision to drop the card before the AF kicks in.

Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would take the freedom over slate any day lol .. i already have discover and barclaycard with free fico lol

@Jerry45 wrote:

Thanks for the info, of course I have the Freedom. LOL

Message 9 of 50
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hope so.

Agreed - You would think they would offer it across their line-up.  I am sure that offering it on the CSP would at least cause a few people to think twice about their decision to drop the card before the AF kicks in.

I doubt many people outside of this forum and a few other places really does this.

The typical consumer certainly does not, and we're a pretty small population comparitively.  Really don't understand Chase's providing them to only Slate customers: incremental cost is marginal to do it across their product line unless they feel they don't do AR's enough on the other cards which is possible.

Actually they may not looking at my own CR as an example: since I picked up the Ink they've been hounding my report once per month roughly, but there was nearly a year before that according to Experian where they weren't looking at me at all and I've had a Freedom during that entire period.  

Possible some SP's have been excluded but certainly looks like it goes back the full 2 years on others vis a vis Credit Sesame's tracking.

        
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.