Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi to cut 50,000 Jobs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi to cut 50,000 Jobs

Early estimates were leading up to 1/2 were losing their jobs, this turns out to be 1 in 7.

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSTRE4AG35320081117?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi to cut 50,000 Jobs

@Anonymous wrote:

Early estimates were leading up to 1/2 were losing their jobs, this turns out to be 1 in 7.

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSTRE4AG35320081117?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

They just laid off over 20 thousand recently, so having another round of layoffs so quickly is gonna destroy whatever morale their employees still have left.  Anybody who feels even moderate confidence in his or her employability must be frantically sending out resumes by now, so the people they most want to keep are gonna depart in droves.  Guess what's gonna happen to their productivity and customer service?

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt I agree a lot of people are going to be putting out their resumes, but who is hiring? I bet while most people put out feelers they will really hunker down. Job sites are inundated with resumes but have much fewer jobs than last year. I heard Citi employed 375k about a year ago, these layoffs will bring them down to 300k, so they have laid off a lot but not near 50 percent.
Message 3 of 4
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Matt I agree a lot of people are going to be putting out their resumes, but who is hiring? I bet while most people put out feelers they will really hunker down. Job sites are inundated with resumes but have much fewer jobs than last year. I heard Citi employed 375k about a year ago, these layoffs will bring them down to 300k, so they have laid off a lot but not near 50 percent.

Yep, layoffs are everywhere, my own employers have said they will be laying off about 5% in the near future and right now we're waiting to learn who gets hit, makes for a tense atmosphere as you can well imagine.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.