Did you mean: 

Citibank gets Costco Credit Card Deal

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank gets Costco Credit Card Deal

@thelethargicage wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

Additional.  This article from Fortune, is more focused on Visa as the network, rather than Citi as the co-branded issuer:

Visa Wins Costco

Addendum:  I think it was a disservice for moderator movement of this from the Credit Card forum to the In The News forum.  Just my opinion.

+1

It's gonna die a slow death in this forum.

On the other hand, sticking to the guidelines - this IS after all just news, nothing specific about the Citi cobranded Costco card is yet known - may be a good way to attract people to subforums other than just the credit card one.

Message 41 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco reaches CC deal with Citi

If they start taking Visa I might actually shop their again since I cant get in with Amex for 7 more years (IIB). I must get rewards on my food shopping !Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

there not their--what the heck auto correct!

Message 43 of 152
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they start taking Visa I might actually shop their again since I cant get in with Amex for 7 more years (IIB). I must get rewards on my food shopping !Smiley Happy

get the executive membership and you would still get 2%, you would just loose the 1% from the costco amex... I usually use our fidelity amex at costco so in total I'm getting 2% on fidelity and 2% on executive = 4%!

Message 44 of 152
yfan
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

So can I use a Visa at Costco now, or are they only taking Visas issued by Citi?

No, not now. Beginning April 1, 2016, Costco will accept Visa cards exclusively (as credit), and Citi will be the exclusive cobranded issuer.

Message 45 of 152
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

there not their--what the heck auto correct!

You know you can edit your posts here. Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

This topic was already moved over from this forum to the Credit in the News section. This will probably be merged into that thread again.
Message 47 of 152
EddieK
Established Contributor

I wonder since Citi bought the portfolio, if my TE card will automatically be switched over to a Citi card?

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 48 of 152
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

oh great, the one bank I'm blacklisted from.

Message 49 of 152
yfan
Valued Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

I wonder since Citi bought the portfolio, if my TE card will automatically be switched over to a Citi card?

Well, Citi is anticipated to be purchasing the portfolio from Amex, so the answer to that question is a qualified yes. But Citi probably has its own credit criteria and it may want to re-evaluate limits, eligibilty, etc. even if it doesn't do a hard pull.

Message 50 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.