Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank gets Costco Credit Card Deal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco reaches CC deal with Citi

I'll be using my NFCU Cash Rewards card!
Message 61 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Costco were going with CAP 1?  Which is it based on a few posts I have seen here.. 

Message 62 of 152
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought Costco were going with CAP 1?  Which is it based on a few posts I have seen here.. 

They did in Canada so early thinking was they would do same in states... guess not!

Message 63 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad this deal works out for you too!  It seems that the Visa - Costco deal nets many of us better rewards Smiley Happy 

I was considering opening a Fidelity Amex, but I don't shop Costco enough to warrent it.  However, I will be opening a BoA Cash Rewards card (hopefully I qualify for the signup bonus).  I think Visa will fit many rewards chasers profiles better than Amex.  I am curious about what will happen to my TE card.  I like having an Amex, although I only use the card at Costco and Costco pumps.  If Citi buys this card, hopefully Amex will keep a record of my member since date.

Be nice to see what Citi has in the pipeline...

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm... Citi and Visa?  Does this mean that the Double Cash (Mastercard) card will not be accepted?  

Seems that way. Luckily, I do have a straight 2% Visa, but it's not cash per se. It's the Orbitz Rewards Visa, which earns 2% on all non-Orbitz purchases, but it's earned in terms of Orbucks, which to me is just as useful.

Message 64 of 152
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The few posts about Cap 1 were in error and not based on facts.  Google "Costco" and "Citi" and you'll find verification and details, or check the Credit In The News sub-forum here for several links to information.

Message 65 of 152
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad this deal works out for you too!  It seems that the Visa - Costco deal nets many of us better rewards Smiley Happy  

Oh, I don't know about that. Especially if my BofA Cash Rewards doesn't recognize Costco gas stations for its 3% cashback. Right now, one of the key benefits of having the TE is that 3% back at Costco gas.

Message 66 of 152
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Citibank gets Costco Credit Card Deal

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This blows out of all lenders, other then Cap1 this isn't the partner I wanted them to have

BTW: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/visa-to-replace-american-express-as-costco-credit-card-2015-03-02?d...

Might have to apply for a regular QS Visa Smiley Sad.. Didn't think this day would ever come again... See what Citi creates for a card I guess although I probably have to many inquiries for citi Smiley Sad

Edit:  Will just convert my venture one to regular QS in a few months so Cap1 doesn't get a 3 pull on me.  Hopefully Citi relaxes their underwritting a slight bit.

Agreed.  Hope my scores really good by February.

Signature needs updating
Message 67 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

Oh, I don't know about that. Especially if my BofA Cash Rewards doesn't recognize Costco gas stations for its 3% cashback. Right now, one of the key benefits of having the TE is that 3% back at Costco gas.

I did read up about that.  I really hope that BoA/Chase decides to accept Costco gas as a gas station, otherwise we'll be stuck hoping that Citi's new card offers rewards on gas Smiley Indifferent

Message 68 of 152
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So... We can use visa card at Costco now?

Not until Feb of next year or whatever when Amex contract is up

April of next year.  And, the deal is still dependent on citi being able to buy the TE portfolio from Amex.  Yep, the top two fighters were chase and citi, and if knew citi was going strong because of bad last quarter.  Was hoping discover.  Might opt for a freedom instead.  Depends on the rewards.  And most holders of Amex are not going to like the apr's of citi, the TE cards WILL be replaced with citi cards.

A few analysts, including the one I pay for, were hoping for a MasterCard deal, but I personally didn't see that as a shoe in.  Ugh.

And I'm behind, in posting responses.

Signature needs updating
Message 69 of 152
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So... We can use visa card at Costco now?

Not until Feb of next year or whatever when Amex contract is up

Nice, I guess quicksilver card will get more usage than just Netflix subscription after all. 

Pretty sure it has to be a Citibank Visa, not just any Visa

And the arguement begin again whether they can stop other Visa's from being used at Costco or if it violates the Visa Agreement Smiley Happy.. This thread will be the one to watch today lol

Articles state other visas will be accepted (just heard about it, am fast reader, better than typist). Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 70 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.