Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

Congrats!

I just checked CK as well and lien is removed from there but no score change.  I actually think Vantage Score ignored the lien because it was from 2010 (due to fall off December 2019) and I think VS has a glitch with negative accounts over 7 years old.  I saw a massive VS score increase when the lien was just over 7 years old.

Will be interested to see what CCTs TU FICO8 tells me in a bit when I get to a desktop to pull it.  CCT is horrible from my mobile device.

Message 51 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I still have a bk from 2011, about (14) 30 day lates from the last 5 years and +/- (6) medical collections to handle.

That being said, my last 14 or so months of credit have been squeaky clean. 

It's a slow rebuild, but a nice rebuild nonetheless.  I'll be so proud when I break the 700 club.  And it's only up from there! 

I don't put any stock into Credit Karma.  I always guestimate that the CK score is about 25 points less than FICO 8.  That's usually pretty close for me.  That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the liens falling off actually raises my real TU score by at least 5 points.  I'll see in a couple of weeks.

Congrats to you as well!  So many happy folks today.  At least now I won't have to explain the liens and get documentation when I apply for a mortgage next year. 

Message 52 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the 700 club was huge for me!  I started in March 2017 with scores below 550 and now all my scores are at or over 710.  And I'm expecting to get very very close to 800s in December -- but it was definitely a lot of work.  I think I put in over 60 hours on my tax lien on all 3 bureaus alone and got EX and EQ to delete the lien after a lot of effort but TU said "nope".  Even my last dispute last month was denied.

Wonder what will happen with new tax liens going forward.  I am dealing with some tax nightmares again due to crypto gains and always worried that the tax agencies will start threatening again.

Message 53 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled CCT 3B -- TU went from 708 to 760!  Wow!

Unfortunately this score will drop this summer as my oldest account (10 years, 11 months) will drop off around July.  But it's really nice to see that!

Message 54 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a very nice raise in credit score!  Congrats.

Message 55 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I hope it's early in the week so I can get some work done this week! I subscribe to Experian and Equifax so i will be checking it every morning. I will post any updates that I get.

Experian 1 state Ca 

Equifax 1 state Ca.

Transunion 2 federal, 1 state

Almost done having these paid off and this would be a huge help to get these paid off.

Update:

Experian is still showing

Equifax, I made a mistake and it was not showing on Equifax before

Transunion, removed 1 state (06/17) and 2 federal (2011, 2013)

No score change,

Fako 722

Only other derog. is a 30 day late 3 years ago

Not sure why no score change but I am sooooo happy!!!

Message 56 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal!

Message 57 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's interesting to see what a massive difference the scores are based SOLELY on closed accounts.

EX: 708

• One authorized user closed account (opened 11/2005, closed 10/2008) -- AoOA = 12+ years, AAoA = 1.8 years

EQ: 717

• Authorized user closed account (opened 11/2005, closed 11/2008) -- AoOA = 12+ years, AAoA = 2.0 years
  • Sole responsible closed account (opened 7/2012, closed 1/14)

TU: 760

• Sole responsible closed account (opened 5/2007, closed 6/2011) -- AoOA = 10.9 years, AAoA = 1.9 years
  • Sole responsible closed account (opened 7/2012, closed 1/14)

Inquiries (< 12 months)

EX: 7 CCs, 1 loan

EQ: 5 CCs, 1 loan

TU: 6 CCs, 1 loan

So I'm very VERY curious what's going to happen in the next 3 months as a bunch of inquiries are over 12 months PLUS my AAoA on TU should go to 2.0 years.

I was expected an increase of 50 points on TU if the lien ever dropped so that's confirmed to be close enough.

That "age of oldest account" definitely appears to be affected more by an account I am personally responsible for versus one that was an AU but closed.  I now wonder if closed AUs don't affect AoOA at all.

Message 58 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's lien came off! It was due to fall off in less than a year so he only gained 3 points, but I'm still very happy!

Message 59 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a message today that it was removed from Transunion. Last one it is on is Experian so I'm hoping that happens soon as well. 

Message 60 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.