Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

tag
QCS123
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

Are you seeing any alerts in myFico if they are removed?  So far we haven't gotten any alerts and no score change. :-(

Message 71 of 89
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

I'm not signed up for monitoring of Experian or Equifax with myFICO and no lien was ever reported on my Transunion file. I used CreditKarma to check my Equifax and the scorecard (I think) site to check Experian.
FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 72 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@QCS123 wrote:

Are you seeing any alerts in myFico if they are removed?  So far we haven't gotten any alerts and no score change. :-(

I don't have the MyFico monitoring but I got the 3b report from CCT for the $1 trial and my transunion Fico 8 went up 20 points but credit karma score was unchanged..

Message 73 of 89
Effielin
New Contributor

Well, I thought I was done with my tax lien but apparently not.  I had disputed it three weeks ago through Credit Karma, hoping for an earlier delete. I had gotten an early delete through Experian. Yesterday I checked Wallethub and it said my lien was gone.  Today Credit Karma notified me that my dispute was verified and would remain. Credit Karma also notified me that a derogatory remark had been removed but when I checked my report there it was.. the tax lien. So I decided it was time to look at my Transunion credit report through my yearly free report.. and yep, the tax lien is still there. So, I directly disputed the lien with Transunion, giving as my reason that all tax liens were supposed to be deleted.  Will see what happens.. so not happy....

Message 74 of 89
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

Woohoo, EQ lien was deleted as well! I had called EQ back again today and they were still clueless as to all the bureaus deleting any liens without verification etc etc blah blah. But then she said the lien isn't listed on my report any longer anyway so it was deleted sometime yesterday or today! no more liens on any reports and I gained 9 points on EQ! so stoked!

@FirstAscent wrote:

Well that sucks, public record/tax lien and two old charge-offs removed and I lost 3 points =( Overall I have a cleaner (not clean) profile but still sucks to lose those points from removing negative items. two charge-offs were my oldest accounts so I lost a little AAoA, but it's still at 7y4m.

I also checked EQ just now and the lien is still there. I have an open dispute for it as well that's about 2 weeks old so maybe that has something to do with it? However, I did call EQ for an update and they said they are still waiting for a response back on the dispute. I asked about them removing ALL tax liens and the lady seemed clueless as to anything going on about that. soooo who knows.

Has anyone else had any EQ tax liens removed automatically today?

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 75 of 89
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

@ToughFistFight wrote:
Here's where the rubber meets the road. My hubby has 4 paid fed tax liens. And one completely insane amount unpaid fed tax lien. I have cct and will check starting tomorrow. We also have a couple monitoring services. Let's see if anything pops up there. I can't wait to see his scores get better. Ex took the liens off and his score went to almost 700. Very happy for him. And a giant pat on the back for me. Smiley Wink

UPDATE      All of my hubbys liens were gone as of this morning from TU and EQ.  I had attempted to start a dispute with EQ and nothing happened.  Just waited for them to fall off.  TU wouldnt identify my husband, so I havent been able to see his report yet.  Im glad to have those gone now.  The only place to go from here is up.  GL everyone!!!!

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 76 of 89
QCS123
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@QCS123 wrote:

I don't have the MyFico monitoring but I got the 3b report from CCT for the $1 trial and my transunion Fico 8 went up 20 points but credit karma score was unchanged..

UPDATE  - Lien removed from Experian and up 22Pts!  Nice new scores  FICO 8Smiley SadExperian).. EQ 709     TU  697   EX  722 (4/17/2018)

Just have to figure out how to get TU to move up 3 pts and we are over 700 across the board!

Message 77 of 89
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UPDATE!.....
NOTHING!! My lien is still on EQ and TU. Im not happy! Not sure what to do about this, except file another cfpb complaint, and upload the WSJ article?? Smiley Sad
Message 78 of 89
Countrygul
Established Member

When I first read the article I really didn't think it was true-
Then I looked at my report and saw both my state and federal leins were gone-
Just wondering do I still have to pay😀
Message 79 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

LoL.  Yes. The debt is still valid and owed.  Congrats on the removals tho!!

@Countrygul wrote:
When I first read the article I really didn't think it was true-
Then I looked at my report and saw both my state and federal leins were gone-
Just wondering do I still have to pay😀

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 80 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.