tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Same with me. Everyone has deleted my paid tax lien with the exception of transunion.....it was filed in sept of 2010 and shows a paid date of April 2011. So I'm guessing I'm stuck with it until 2018? BK drops in sept 2017. So much for thinking I'd have a clean file next year 😔

Should be stuck till Sept 2017.

At least fo rme all my liens  have come off at 10 years since filing if paid, and 7 years since filing if paid anywhere during the period.

MIchigan Must be diffrent. Here's how it shows on my report

Date Filed: 09/22/2010
Date Paid: 05/13/2011
Date Updated: 12/14/2016
Type: RELEASE OF TAX LIEN
Responsibility: Contractually Liable Debt
Plaintiff: STATE OF MICHIGAN
Amount: $2,279
Court Type: Recorder of Deeds

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 04/2018

Actually it's dependant on bureau rather than state in this case.  EX is explicit, EQ behaves similarly, TU has been a little wierd but I get out from under that one too 7 years post filing date at least on the expected fall off range with a 2017 date.  I will still be asking for EE / dispute as obsolete at the 7 year mark if it's still there anyway hah... actually it might be 7.5 years post filing if paid on TU, which would explain your data too.  Will go look at my old TU reports this evening and see if that lines up.

Need to get on EQ about possibly whacking my tax lien too, though in my case I can't get rid of the lates anyway till 9/2017 so I'm not really in a rush to do so... gained all of 16 points on EX FICO 8 for the tax lien removal with a 60 day late there, which suggests the bulk of my points will come when I'm Zestfully clean.

Yea Im hoping the PR's comes off. then after that its just timeto heal the woundes. All i'd have at that point are

WF-CO falls off 7-19

FP-CO falls off 5-19

FH-CO falls off 6-20

Merrick bank-CO falls off 5-19

ally financial 8-30 day lates all from 2012. Those aren't going anywhere. Already have sent a ton of goodwills to them and its just the same song and dance. It's illegal and against the law BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

But the good is since I joined this forum I have substantially improved my credit. Altho my scores are high 600's its a solid score, I feel, unless i do something to mess it up. I have gone from 0 avalable credit to just shy of 300k. 

I don't think the lates hurt much after the 2 year mark and those also were from 2012/2013. ALtho I think its reporting wrong but I dont think I should rock the boat on that one. Heres what that looks like.

06/2013 (30)
05/2013 (OK)
04/2013 (30)
03/2013 (OK)
02/2013 (30)
01/2013 (OK)
12/2012 (30)
11/2012 (OK)
10/2012 (30)
09/2012 (OK)

So how could I be 30 days late then OK the next month? I would think it would be 30/60/OK? or 30/30/Ok? or OK/OK because i would have paid that payment to keep the next month current prior to being late? I dunno just seems Odd to me but It was a few years ago and I dont have access to that bank account anymore. 

I think I have beat the hell out of my credit report and have done all that I can do LOL. but I started in the 450's about 1.5 years ago..

Message 71 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also wondering about this statement

Collection Agencies and Debt Buyers
Do not report debt that did not arise from a contract or agreement to pay
6/15/2016
I found this on one of the changes made last year. Do i have a contract with the state to pay taxes? do I have a signed contract with them to pay taxes?
Did I sign a contract or agreement saying I would make payments? 
I know I'm spliting hairs here but technically I have no agreement to pay taxes to the state unless being born a US citizen kinda signed me up, or being a law abiding citizen who decided to work and become a working class citizen who contributes positively to society.
I know it's my drivers license signature Smiley LOL

Actually I dont nimd paying them, I just think we suffer enough.
Get a job, pay taxes, get our checks at the end of the week we've paid taxes on that money we just made. Now lets go spend it....
now lets pay taxes on money you're spending with money you just made and paid taxes on..... and to add salt to the wound, lets put it on your credit report too so you now have to pay even more money on taxes and intrest rates....YEP. Smiley LOL

Message 72 of 100
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Same with me. Everyone has deleted my paid tax lien with the exception of transunion.....it was filed in sept of 2010 and shows a paid date of April 2011. So I'm guessing I'm stuck with it until 2018? BK drops in sept 2017. So much for thinking I'd have a clean file next year 😔

Should be stuck till Sept 2017.

At least fo rme all my liens  have come off at 10 years since filing if paid, and 7 years since filing if paid anywhere during the period.

MIchigan Must be diffrent. Here's how it shows on my report

Date Filed: 09/22/2010
Date Paid: 05/13/2011
Date Updated: 12/14/2016
Type: RELEASE OF TAX LIEN
Responsibility: Contractually Liable Debt
Plaintiff: STATE OF MICHIGAN
Amount: $2,279
Court Type: Recorder of Deeds

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 04/2018

Actually it's dependant on bureau rather than state in this case.  EX is explicit, EQ behaves similarly, TU has been a little wierd but I get out from under that one too 7 years post filing date at least on the expected fall off range with a 2017 date.  I will still be asking for EE / dispute as obsolete at the 7 year mark if it's still there anyway hah... actually it might be 7.5 years post filing if paid on TU, which would explain your data too.  Will go look at my old TU reports this evening and see if that lines up.

Need to get on EQ about possibly whacking my tax lien too, though in my case I can't get rid of the lates anyway till 9/2017 so I'm not really in a rush to do so... gained all of 16 points on EX FICO 8 for the tax lien removal with a 60 day late there, which suggests the bulk of my points will come when I'm Zestfully clean.

06/2013 (30)
05/2013 (OK)
04/2013 (30)
03/2013 (OK)
02/2013 (30)
01/2013 (OK)
12/2012 (30)
11/2012 (OK)
10/2012 (30)
09/2012 (OK)

So how could I be 30 days late then OK the next month? I would think it would be 30/60/OK? or 30/30/Ok? or OK/OK because i would have paid that payment to keep the next month current prior to being late? I dunno just seems Odd to me but It was a few years ago and I dont have access to that bank account anymore. 

I think I have beat the hell out of my credit report and have done all that I can do LOL. but I started in the 450's about 1.5 years ago..

That's a little wierd, you'd have to look at the payments but if you went 30 days late, then got righteous before 60 days (before the next due date), then missed the next two payments you'd get that pattern if you repeated the behavior.  

Yeah 690ish is a good score in the current market, not quite sure what we're going to do over the next 4 years but I suspect it'll get looser rather than tighter UW standards if Dodd Frank is somewhat defanged as has been suggested.

You're doing fine, I started mid 500's back in late 2011, but I haven't really made any gains either in the last 18 months as I'm pretty solid other than the last tax lien and a smattering of lates.  Have to admit I am so absolutely sick and tired of seeing my EQ Beacon 5.0 at a 693, I should go back and see when I actually achieved the score but it was probably 2+ years ago at this point.

        
Message 73 of 100
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also wondering about this statement

Collection Agencies and Debt Buyers
Do not report debt that did not arise from a contract or agreement to pay
6/15/2016
I found this on one of the changes made last year. Do i have a contract with the state to pay taxes? do I have a signed contract with them to pay taxes?
Did I sign a contract or agreement saying I would make payments? 
I know I'm spliting hairs here but technically I have no agreement to pay taxes to the state unless being born a US citizen kinda signed me up, or being a law abiding citizen who decided to work and become a working class citizen who contributes positively to society.
I know it's my drivers license signature Smiley LOL

Actually I dont nimd paying them, I just think we suffer enough.
Get a job, pay taxes, get our checks at the end of the week we've paid taxes on that money we just made. Now lets go spend it....
now lets pay taxes on money you're spending with money you just made and paid taxes on..... and to add salt to the wound, lets put it on your credit report too so you now have to pay even more money on taxes and intrest rates....YEP. Smiley LOL

Laugh, pretty sure the contract is implicit as a resident and the state isn't a CA or DB anyhow.  So much easier when you provide the court system Smiley Happy.

        
Message 74 of 100
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ahaha it was nice while it lasted: Experian tacked the lien back on.

-16 on EX FICO 8, easy come easy go.

        
Message 75 of 100
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Update:  Experian Dispute results came back this morning.   They deleted BOTH of my unpaid Federal Tax Liens.  One had been filed in 2011, so may have not been effecting my credit much, but then there was another one filed back in March of this year.   My score went up 8 points yesterday and another 6 points this AM, from 659 to 673.  Smiley LOL

I had placed a freeze on my Lexis Nexus on Monday and decided to wait out disputing EQ until the 3 day waiting period for it to be updated, for hopes that I'd have better results.  I'll probably do the disputes tomorrow for EQ.

As far as TU not removing the liens, does anyone know how soon I can dispute again, in hopes to not receive a scrooge?  From what I've read through this thread, TU was pretty easy to get the liens removed.

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 76 of 100
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? Smiley Sad  How long was it off?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 77 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Yikes!

Im wondering if Experian is going tack back those liens on all those folks who had it removed.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 78 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

Its kind of a vague statement and the CRA agents dont know what we are talking about when we want to dispute based on those new guidelines.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 79 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

Ho did the $4k get added?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just following. I've got 3 paid judgements and one set to fall off in June that shows unpaid. It's paid too but only after it got re-filed 4 yrs later with an additional $4k added. TU already deleted all my paid PR's but I've never tried with the other 2. I will be doing that soon.

Message 80 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.