Did you mean: 

Credit Score Changes for 2017

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@Revelate wrote:

Ah thanks for the replies!

I smell a test in the name of science approaching on Friday Smiley Happy.

Cant wait for the test results!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

I was doing some research to try to any updated information on how CRA are going to treat tax liens and judgements. I came across a whitepaper from Vantage and they stated that CRA will probably change the way they handle tax liens and judgements but nothing has been finalized.

They did a sampling of 1000 credit profiles with either a tax lien and/or judgement and scored them with and without a tax lien/judgement and they found that there is an average of a 10 point difference in scores.

My guess is that CRA will clean up the way they obtain information and continue to report tax lien and judgements but delete them once they are paid, which makes sense since the IRS and several states offer "Withdrawal."

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 32 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adrabner do you by chance have the verbiage you used in your dispute(s) with TU? I have two tax liens that are 6 years old. They are the only baddies on my reports.
Message 33 of 100
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

My TU/EQ still had a paid medical judgement on them due to fall off in 2020, and I've been super lazy lately with regards to getting these removed via Whychat method, or other avenues available.

After hearing about this I decided to dispute this paid judgement as being paid/vacated with no documentation yesterday & just see what happens with TU & EQ. TU came back deleted in less than 24 hours, & still waiting on EQ. Historically for me, EQ has been extremely bullish with regards to deleting anything, though I must say I had no problems deleting old addresses with them, which surprised me.

Anyways, TU now only has a paid medical collection on it, & hopefully EQ will come back deleted as well soon!

I also had requested a freeze & opted out on Lexis Nexis, but I doubt that had any effect since I did that less than 24 hours ago.

Message 34 of 100
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

IMHO, this cannot happen quick enough as far as EQ is concerned !

I have a paid judgement on there that has not been updated to satisfied or paid,  has no furnisher of information,  incorrect amount,  no place of court action,  no CA or OC, nothing but some lesser number that I paid and a case number.  

EQ will not budge !! TU and EX took it off,  immediately.  

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 35 of 100
marty56
Super Contributor

Never understood what a tax lien was a credit issue, if you are making payments to the IRS.  Taxes are kind of arbitrary anyway.

Back in 1989, I changed jobs and recieved $25 money k from a stock sale from a company I was working for.  They did not take enough taxes out and I arrange a 2 year payment plan with the IRS and they still but a tax lean on mean even though I only had a car and lived in an apartment at the time.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 36 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@cuthatcard wrote:

IMHO, this cannot happen quick enough as far as EQ is concerned !

I have a paid judgement on there that has not been updated to satisfied or paid,  has no furnisher of information,  incorrect amount,  no place of court action,  no CA or OC, nothing but some lesser number that I paid and a case number.  

EQ will not budge !! TU and EX took it off,  immediately.  

You should follow up with EQ and request for a "Method of Verification."

Message 37 of 100
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

This is what I will do, as soon as I get the hard copy of my report from Equafax.
I ordered it last week as I could never get it online.
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 38 of 100
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I just checked my CK reports, and both TU & EQ paid judgements show as deleted on there. Got an email that TU investigation had been finished a few days ago, still waiting on EQ to send me something, so I dunno if the EQ deletion is for real or just something interim happening during their investigation.

I still have a paid collection with a late on it, on my TU/EQ reports so not expecting anything scorewise until that comes off with a GW or from a Hippa process. Just started a new job so all my time & energy is into that atm, just doing this whenever I have some extra time here & there.

So wish me luck in the hopes EQ will follow suit from the other 2 bureaus & get rid of paid judgements so they dont have any extra work to do when it comes times to change the way the judgements are shown on the CR's. Wouldn't want them to have to do any extra work, deleting is much easier for them. Smiley LOL

I'm happy my judgements are being voluntarily removed by the Bureaus 4 years early. Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 100
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Do you mind sharing your dispute method, especially with EQ ^^, on here ?

Congrats on getting them removed!
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 40 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.