Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card holders settlement refund moves forward

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card holders settlement refund moves forward

Hundreds of thousands of credit card holders are close to receiving something they don't often find in their monthly statements -- a small refund.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit card holders settlement refund moves forward

I got my notice in the mail today. IF - If I have traveled overseas and used my credit cards to receive converted currency then I can apply for a claim. IF - If I have documentation stating that I have done so, I can either apply for the standard $25 class action lawsuit refund, or I can dig it all out and analyze it to determine how hard these companies screwed me and put that on the form, and HOPE that it is evaluated positively on the legal end.

Ethically, Class action lawsuits do have a purpose - to keep big business from screwing the little guy
Realistically, class action lawsuits only help the lawyers to prosecute. The rest of us get $25, if anything at all.

Sorry Cynical if I stole your thunder.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 2 of 3
positronicshell
New Contributor

Re: Credit card holders settlement refund moves forward

i was really happy when we got our claim packets in the mail today!
we got a different notice in with my BofA CC statements + i set them aside as i didn't have the time to look through our old statements to tally up all the foreign transaction fees from our trip to vancouver bc in 2004.

i then proceeded to comepletely forget about the whole matter until the claim forms arrived today + gave the easy refund option of $25 for those of us who were out of the country less than a week.

saves me some hassle.
stoked!

now to see how many months/years it will take to get the check!? heh..

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.