Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit scores and rudeness

I sometimes get the feeling that being agreeable is necessary to reach the last thirty-some points.

Scottie: I didn't mean to be rude.
Madeleine: You're not. Merely direct.
Vertigo (1958)

Dave Bowman: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Whatever it is, it’s OK because it’s what it is. Don’t be looking for perfection. Don’t be short-tempered with yourself. And you’ll be a whole lot nicer to be around with everyone else.
Mary Tyler Moore, 1936-2017

Valued Contributor

Idk about this... I went from a 410 to a current 760-771 and my attitude/tone of voice has never changed to CSR, even when I was being shut out/AA by chase I agreed with what she had to say cause she made a point, told her thank you and hung up Smiley Surprised

I always make sure I treat the CSR in a nice way, all they are doing is their job to the best of their ability Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's my experience in life.  The people who do drugs, lay out of work, have little to no education often have very bad credit.  They use pawn shops and check cashing and car title loans often.  If you check the arrest record you will see many have domestic violence charges.

On the other hand, the academics, bankers, attornies and anyone who gets their credit score screened for a job usually has great credit.  They are professional and don't solve their problems with their fists. 

You can also see how people with great credit have worked hard for it and treaure it, therefore, if someone or some company does something to mess with their credit they can get rude.

The po folks with 400 scores don't really care because they are already at the bottom.  They probably don't even know what a credit score is.

CSR:  What credit limit are you seeking today?

Po man: $25k

CSR: Has anything changed in the last 30 days in regards to your 457 credit scores or the 7 baddies on your report?

Po man: Nope.

CSR:  Sorry, we are unable to honor your request today

Po man:  Well FU. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.