Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎07-02-2017

Re: Dave Ramsey Ticks Me Off

I'll say it again: Clark Howard. He's the "Best Of DR - PLUS common sense credit strategies. DR sounds like my drunk uncle at Thanksgiving who's broke as **** and not a single credit card to his name while bragging about how smart he is.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎08-20-2017

Re: Dave Ramsey Ticks Me Off


AirTroop wrote:
I'll say it again: Clark Howard. He's the "Best Of DR - PLUS common sense credit strategies. DR sounds like my drunk uncle at Thanksgiving who's broke as **** and not a single credit card to his name while bragging about how smart he is.

Now THAT was funny!

Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎07-27-2015

Re: Dave Ramsey Ticks Me Off

If one lacks self control with their monetary expenditures, then the DR plan might be for you.

 

I haven't paid a penny in credit card interest in years. I think those that do are salamanders. My past problems with credit cards were my own fault. I used to use the old tired a** excusses like job loss, car broke down...again, and other assorted life happens excuses.

 

Cash liquidity is where its at for me. The plastic is nothing more than a vehicle to get business done and earn rewards. PIF every month. There is real power in having a fully funded 12 month or more cash emergency fund to handle everything from the rent/mortgage, to life happens moments. Plus I have 401k etc.

 

The only fall out I have is dealing with friends and some family who have no concept of 1st grade level budgeting. The DW and I always get the evil eye when life happens to us and its not a meltdown crisis. 

 

We are not rich, but have disciplined ourselves to get where we are at.

 

It's kind a eff'n sexy to have $200k in available credit, and the discipline not get into trouble with it.

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 167
Registered: ‎08-24-2017

Re: Dave Ramsey Ticks Me Off


TheVig wrote:

If one lacks self control with their monetary expenditures, then the DR plan might be for you.

 

I haven't paid a penny in credit card interest in years. I think those that do are salamanders. My past problems with credit cards were my own fault. I used to use the old tired a** excusses like job loss, car broke down...again, and other assorted life happens excuses.

 

Cash liquidity is where its at for me. The plastic is nothing more than a vehicle to get business done and earn rewards. PIF every month. There is real power in having a fully funded 12 month or more cash emergency fund to handle everything from the rent/mortgage, to life happens moments. Plus I have 401k etc.

 

The only fall out I have is dealing with friends and some family who have no concept of 1st grade level budgeting. The DW and I always get the evil eye when life happens to us and its not a meltdown crisis. 

 

We are not rich, but have disciplined ourselves to get where we are at.

 

It's kind a eff'n sexy to have $200k in available credit, and the discipline not get into trouble with it.

 


My only disagreement is with "kind a". No, it's definitely, totally sexy! Finally maxxing out the retirement contributions - THAT feels good too Smiley Happy 

New Member
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎10-12-2017

Re: Dave Ramsey Ticks Me Off

[ Edited ]

BurgeoningHope wrote:

maxxing out the retirement contributions - THAT feels good too Smiley Happy 



Sure does!  That was a commitment I'm really glad I finally made.

In the Garden until 4-01-2018

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.