Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collector Will pay $1.3m to Settle FTC Charges

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Collector Will pay $1.3m to Settle FTC Charges

"A Texas-based debt collection company will pay more than $1.3 million to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it misled, threatened, and harassed consumers in violation of federal law."

"According to an FTC complaint, in many instances, collectors for LTD Financial Services, L.P., which collects on about 1.25 million consumer accounts per year, violated the FTC Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by falsely threatening or implying that LTD would garnish consumers’ wages, seize or attach their property, or initiate lawsuits or criminal actions against them if they failed to pay."

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Collector Will pay $1.3m to Settle FTC Charges

Thanks for the article masdeocho. I live in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metro area, and that's all the business media have been talking about for the past 2 days.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

This shows that it can pay off to report evil CAs to the FTC, BBB, and state AGs.  If they get enough ('hundreds') complaints, the FTC/DOJ may investigate.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, what do I have to do to get these idiots to call and threaten me?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.